microsoft lifecam vx-6000 RRS feed

• Question

• i just bought it and when i try to install the software it says "setup cannot continue because either there is insufficient free hard disk space or an unexpected error has occured. please free the necessary disk space, and run setup again.
    im running windows xp security package1, i meet the requirements, whats wrong? i know this is the wrong place for this but i couldnt find anywhere else. please, no flaming. thanks
    Tuesday, October 31, 2006 4:01 AM

All replies

• today people. i dont have all year.
    Wednesday, November 1, 2006 2:14 AM
  • I am having the same problem. I have seen many postings about this and I can not believe this has been going on for this long without some resolution. I just bought my LifeCam VX6000 and I am running on a Dell XPS that is less than a month old and came with Vista loaded. I download the 117MB file from Microsoft and all I get is starting installation and then after a few moments ... unexpected error. This is ridiculous. This is a Microsoft product trying to talk to a Microsoft product.
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:21 AM
  • You seem to be assuming that Microsoft cares about Vista drivers for hardware.  As a beta product that has not yet entered production, you should expect even Microsoft hardware, running the latest software downloaded directly from the Microsoft web site, would not function on Vista.

Sorry, I sometimes forget that sarcasm doesn't play well on the net...

I've got the same issue (on similar hardware, as well - two-month-old Dell XPS M1710).  Google searches reveal many people with the issue, no resolutions.  I think it's amusing that Microsoft is making such a fuss over vendors not providing Vista drivers for hardware when they can't even get their own house in order.

Friday, June 1, 2007 1:47 PM
  • Check to make sure the uac is enabled, some of the software that has been released lately is not installing with wierd errors due to this.  and expamle is Acrobat reader 8.0 gives you an invalid drive message when you try to install it without the UAE being active.

Glenn

Monday, July 2, 2007 5:43 PM