Office on windows server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Im using windows server 2003 and im trying to install office on my server but I see office 2010 is not compatible and I cant find a download link for previous versions can you please help me.
    Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please Note: Microsoft has ended support for the Windows Server 2003 operating system on July 14, 2015. After this date, this product will no longer receive: Security patches that help protect PCs from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. Please use the later version of Windows Server for a better experience. Support for Office 2010 will end on October 13, 2020 and there will be no extension and no extended security updates. All of your Office 2010 apps will continue to function. However, you could expose yourself to serious and potentially harmful security risks.

In addition, 

From your description, I understand that you Couldn't install MS Office 2010 on Windows server 2003 . If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

What version of Office 2010 are you installing? 64-bit or 32-bit?

To install and use Office 2010, you must be running one of the following operating systems:

1.         x86 Platform (32-bit)

Ø  Windows 7

Ø  Windows Vista sp1

Ø  Windows XP Sp3

Ø  Windows Server 2003 Sp2

2.         x64 Platform (64-bit)

Ø  Windows 7

Ø  Windows Vista Sp1

Ø  Windows Server 2008

Note Office 2010 x64 does not support Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Turn off compatibility mode

To resolve this issue, you can disable compatibility mode before you try to install Office 2010 follow these steps:

1.         Right-click the Office 2010 Setup.exe file.

2.         Click Properties.

3.         Click the Compatibility tab.

4.         Click to clear the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box.

5.         Click Apply, and then click OK.

6.         Double-click Setup.exe to install Office 2010.

You can try to install 32-bit edition of Office 2010 to have a check.

More detailed information you can refer to this Knowledge Base article:

How to obtain the latest service pack for Windows Server 2003System requirements for Office 2010.

Any updates, feel free to post back to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, March 20, 2020 3:32 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If the replies are helpful to this question, please remember to mark them as answers. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, March 26, 2020 10:29 AM