Management pack for clustered disks monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have updated my scom 2007 with the new mp shipped by Microsoft dedicated to the clustered disks (6.0 6989)

I have also added the "QND cluster disk addentum" provided by daniele Grandini.

No issue for that. All worked perfectly and I can see the new monitoring things on my scom console :

The matter is that under these new monitors, there is no server available :

For example "Clustered Share volume State" on the right Pane is empty.

I have tried to uninstall the agent on a server that hosted some clustered volumes and then I discover it a new time. it supposed to reinitialize the connection with the new mp elements, so the clusterd should have been discovered. But unfortunately, that's not the case !

Did I omit something ?

Thanks 

Bruno Capron - Administrateur systèmes & réseaux Microsoft MCSE/MCSA 2003 - MCITP-EA 2008

Thursday, November 29, 2012 1:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please read page 57 in the DOCX file:

System Center Monitoring Pack for Windows Server Operating System

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=9296

Cluster Shared Volume -    NTFS State Monitor

This monitor is disabled    because the state of the NTFS partition is not typically needed (Dirty State    notification).

Enable this monitor if the    state of the NTFS file system is required.

Cluster Shared Volume - State Monitor

This monitor is disabled because, when   enabled, it may cause false negatives during backups of the Cluster Shared   Volumes.

Enable this monitor if availability of   the Cluster Shared Volume is necessary (not based on CSV space).

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Dieter WijckmansMVP Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Friday, December 7, 2012 6:36 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:05 PM