internal email routing

Question

• My company is migrating from Novell to Windows, we have set up a new active directory with two sites (in two different physical locations) and two exchange 2007 servers in each location. Until now, we have been using Groupwise and while we are migrating both systems have to co-exist, groupwise is receiving emails through an appliance.

I got both groupwise and exchange to send email internally and externally ok, but I have a problem when I send email from the new exchange server to any user inside the company (using the domain that is shared). I have created a dns zone in the new AD with the same name as the one used by Groupwise and created an A- record for the email server (Novell groupwise) and a mx record pointing directly to it so all the internal e-mail would be resolved by this DNS, but I keep getting a non delivery report when any of the exchange users try to send anything to this shared domain, I guess there is something to do with routes but I am a bit lost, I would appreciate any help.

Thanks very much in advance

Saturday, August 23, 2008 11:48 AM