EMS - Create and Initiate a Search Query for Multiple MB's on Litigation Hold RRS feed

• Question

• I am testing our litigation hold procedures. While I run a query for 3 mailboxes in ECP the data goes in to the Discovery Mailbox and each user has their results placed in their own directory. When I attempt to do this in EMS, I am getting less data than the console (988.97 MB compared to 1.06 GB) and it clumps the 3 users data together in one "Results" directory. I would like to have it dump the data into the corresponding userd directory like how it is structured when this is ran in ECP.

I am using the follow command:

New-MailboxSearch -Name "Discovery Test Search via powershell 04242012" -IncludeUnsearchableItems -SourceMailboxes alias1,alias2,alias3 -TargetMailbox "Discovery Search Mailbox" -LogLevel Full

In the web console these are the option I choose:

1. Keywords: Check "Include items that can't be searched" and select "Search all message types including ones that may not be listed below."

2. Messages to or From --- I leave this blank

3. Date Range --- I leave this blank

4. Mailboxes to Search: I pick my 3 test users

5. Search Type - I name it and for the results I select Copy the Search Results to the destination Mailbox" and check "Enable Full Logging". I choose the Discovery Mailbox for the search results.

View from the Discovery Mailbox:

• Edited by A.Bigsby Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:02 PM
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 8:07 PM

All replies

• Hi

The Image that you provide is broken. Could you please upload once more?

Cheers

Zi Feng

Zi Feng

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:54 AM
  • Sorry - here is attempt #2

Monday, May 7, 2012 2:31 PM
  • Hello,

We tested the same in our lab and the behavior that you see is by design.

Thanks

Venkat

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 6:06 AM