none
When I open Internet Explorer 10 I can't get the favorites bar to show favorites. RRS feed

• Question

• When I open Internet Explorer 10 I can't get the favorites bar to show my favorites.  I've gone to "view" > toolbars and clicked on favorites bar but it won't show my favorites in the favorite bar.   This problem only started a couple of days ago.  Before then the favorites bar always showed with my favorite.
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 6:46 AM

Answers

• Thank you.   I checked my favorites bar folder in the favorites and it's empty.  I use Xmarks to sync favorites with IE and Firefox.  Apparently Xmarks deleted my favorites in the favorites bar folder.
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 5:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Do you mean the favorites items don't show up in favorites bar or even the favorites bar doesn't shown up in IE?

I suggest you check whether the favorites link existing in the favorites bar folder, you can click the in the up right corner, then expand folder "Favirites Bar", or manually check folder C:\Uses\username\Favorites\Favorites Bar

Or create new favorite item, then check if it works.

You can also try to launch IE in no add-on mode, then check the issue again, if problem disappears in this mode, then we can narrow down to find the culprit, launch IE by running

%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe -extoff

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 5, 2014 1:57 AM
  • Thank you.   I checked my favorites bar folder in the favorites and it's empty.  I use Xmarks to sync favorites with IE and Firefox.  Apparently Xmarks deleted my favorites in the favorites bar folder.
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 5:56 AM
  • Glad that you found the cause.

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 5, 2014 8:04 AM