none
DPM 2012 Exchange 2010 Backup Recovery Point Speed creation RRS feed

• Question

• DPM is very new to me.

I would like to see more information on the creation of the recovery point.

For instance I would like to see speed at which the recovery point was created.

Is there more detailed reports I can use?

Thats what she said

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Recovery point creation and recovery has lots of variables for exchange.  The DPM Storage pool calculator can help give you a good idea based on disk / network speed.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=24375

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 8:24 PM
  • Thanks for the info, is there no formula I can use with perfmons or see it in logs? Estimates is just estimates and I would like some definitive answers that I can present and not just a guestimate.

I mean network, fibre connections along with different hardware configurations will give different outputs and if you cant see the speed its not really worth me investing time to POC a deployment, I cant prove anything that would value me or the client, I feel it is lacking in those type of reports.

I have a test deployment and it works great but I cant see the info I need.

Thats what she said

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 10:56 AM
  • Hi,

There are simply too many variables.  For exchange,  even the time of day is a variable as less mail will flow during lunch time which means fewer logs get created and need to be transfer during that recovery point time.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:50 PM