none
Start 2, Finish 2 fields error ? RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi,

Project Pro 2007.

I set up (renamed Start2 and Finish 2) custom fields for recording the previous weeks dates, so as to highlight any changes that might occur when making a date, or logic change to the schedule for the week. Now When I opened the project next time found that Start2 and Finish 2 fields were now reading, “NA”. 

Looking at the field setting for the Start 1-10 and Finish 1-10 fields, they were now all reading as a Custom Lookup attribute. 

Pls suggest !!

Regards,

Parag

Thursday, March 22, 2012 11:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I am on SP 2 and Feb 11 CU.

Actually I found that the project owner has somhow duplicated the start, finish,duration and cost fields. I removed the duplicate fields and now trying to copy/paste soits working ...still want to monitor the same for some more time.

Regards,

Parag

Monday, March 26, 2012 8:38 AM

All replies

• You get this error if you try to copy/paste a date value to Start2/Finish2 custom field which has a lookup list that does not allow adding new values. If you check "Allow additional items..." checkbox in Lookup dialog box, the issue will disappear.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:41 PM
  • The Start2 and Finish2 fields are normally not used for calculations by Project so I don't know why the other data may have disappeared.  The date selectors that appear in all date fields are not custom lookups and your error message seems to address outline codes.

If you attempt the copy/paste into another spare field (Date1, Date2 or Start10, Finish10) does it work?

How are you populating the fields, by copy/paste or by code?

Also, what service pack do you have applied to Project 2007?  You should be at SP-3.

Friday, March 23, 2012 10:06 AM
  • Hi,

I am on SP 2 and Feb 11 CU.

Actually I found that the project owner has somhow duplicated the start, finish,duration and cost fields. I removed the duplicate fields and now trying to copy/paste soits working ...still want to monitor the same for some more time.

Regards,

Parag

Monday, March 26, 2012 8:38 AM
  • Thank you for feedback.
    Monday, March 26, 2012 8:49 AM