none
How do i fix DISM /Add-Driver failed, rc = 2. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

How to i fix errors like these?? Some of them i can find in the the deployment share but i guess i need to fix these from the workbench?

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Image Version: 6.1.7600.16385

Found 1 driver package(s) to install.

Installing 1 of 1 - E:\DeploymentShare\Out-of-box Drivers\Net\NETwNs64_14.3.2.1_7F8FDDF60D6BD19D61F5A810A97027DF02286723\NETwsw00.INF: Error - An error occurred. The driver package could not be installed.

For more information, check for log files in the <windir>\inf folder of the target image.

Error: 2

The system cannot find the file specified.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Exit code = 2

DISM /Add-Driver failed, rc = 2.

Regards
    ronnie.jorgensen systems engineer
    My blog

Friday, February 7, 2014 2:22 PM

All replies

• Hey Ronnie,

I would check your dism.log to see if you can spot what the verbose error is, and post it here.  I saw a few items digging around that noted that you might possibly be missing files.  I would check the .inf for any catalog references and see if those are in the same location as your inf. 

Beyond that downloading the latest driver would be ideal, verifying nothing is possibly blocking writes as well - ex: make sure your AV solution isn't causing issues, the winpe environment is often treated the same as your local system environment by most AV solutions.   

EDIT: Also get it out of that long path and into a shortnamed folder, I've seen issues with long strings like that in the past.

Ryan

• Edited by MrBrooks Friday, February 7, 2014 2:48 PM
    Friday, February 7, 2014 2:42 PM
  • Hi Ryan

Thank you for replying, do you mean long path as in this: E:\DeploymentShare\Out-of-box Drivers\Net\NETwNs64_14.3.2.1_7F8FDDF60D6BD19D61F5A810A97027DF02286723\NETwsw00.INF? Because my main issue is that the long path means nothing to me, which makes it harder to look where the driver is in workbench :(

Regards
    ronnie.jorgensen systems engineer
    My blog

Friday, February 7, 2014 4:30 PM
  • If you're looking in MDT it'll clean that long path up for you.  Did you look for what the error was in your dism log, that will definitely help as to what's going on. I would delete the driver that you imported and download and import the latest driver cab from manufacturer and retest. 

Friday, February 7, 2014 4:49 PM