IE not doing anything... RRS feed

• Question

• When I'm loading pages from the local network (localhost or *.mydomain.local), around 30% of the time my IE does nothing. Really nothing... I opened the "Network" window of the F12 tools and it really does nothing... but, as I said, only for internal pages. What the hell is going on here? (by the way, when I enter the IP, it works just fine... except from the problem that the http servers don't get all the info they need) ... so... any ideas what's wrong??

Rudolf

Sunday, January 24, 2016 8:57 PM

Answers

• the problem occurs only, when I'm typing a local intranet address (or localhost) into an already open IE window.

Sounds like an interferer is present.  Can you compare with a Diagnostic boot?

My idea was, that this is a problem with the search engines we have attached today to the addresss bar (by the way, something I really don't like).

ProcMon could show you if that was involved.  As long as you type a full URL including protocol prefix I doubt it would.  However, I recently tried using

netsh trace start provider=Microsoft-Windows-WinINet

for tracing Edge for the same reason and was astonished about what appeared to be going on with it.  So, you could try starting that and using ProcMon for supplemental clues.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 11:23 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

I have received the message regarding to your issue.

>>when I enter the IP, it works just fine<<

Since IP address works fine, we would consider there is something wrong with DNS server. And you mentioned the issue happens sometime, we would consider the DNS server is not stable.

Could you please tell us whether the issue happened on just one client or occurred among many clients? If the issue just occurs in one client, you could run the command below to flush DNS.

ipconfig /flushdns

Also, you could edit the host file to write the IP address and matched website name in host file. You could read more information in the link below.

http://www.liquidweb.com/kb/dns-hosts-file/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Best Regards,

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 3:00 AM
  • Hi...

No, it's not a DNS problem. At least I guess, becuase of what I see. First, I can ping those computers. That's a sign for me, that DNS works. And secondly... that's even bether :-) ... if I'm executing (Win+R) http://localhost , then I can see Internet Explorer flashing up for just a fraction of a second... then it takes about 3-5 seconds and then Internet Explorer opens the page normally... all those I cannot access. So, the problem occurs only, when I'm typing a local intranet address (or localhost) into an already open IE window.

My idea was, that this is a problem with the search engines we have attached today to the addresss bar (by the way, something I really don't like).

I would really love to have access to all this source code... by the way, do you think, that it would be illegal to hack a company for fixing bugs? :-) ... I know, that it's illegal if you do this and try to destroy something... but fixing... *hmm* ... anyway... just some thoughts...

Rudolf

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:36 AM
  • the problem occurs only, when I'm typing a local intranet address (or localhost) into an already open IE window.

Sounds like an interferer is present.  Can you compare with a Diagnostic boot?

ProcMon could show you if that was involved.  As long as you type a full URL including protocol prefix I doubt it would.  However, I recently tried using

netsh trace start provider=Microsoft-Windows-WinINet

for tracing Edge for the same reason and was astonished about what appeared to be going on with it.  So, you could try starting that and using ProcMon for supplemental clues.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 11:23 PM
    Answerer