none
MDT 2012 Blue Screen AHCIX64s.sys RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am having a problem after updating my deployment share image for MDT 2012.  I am pretty sure the deployment share had not been updated in about 4-5 months and we had recently received some new hardware and added new drivers to MDT.  I added the drivers, and 3 of the 4 models booted just fine, the 4th claimed it didn't have drivers.

SO I went through and updated the boot image and added the new image to WDS.  Now when I attempt to netboot any machine, I get a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH referencing ahcix64s.sys.  I went through every driver I could find for the last 6-12 months that referenced ahci and unchecked "enable this driver".  I then went through and updated the deployment share and added the new image to WDS.  I am still getting the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH.  

Any suggestions on how to fix this?  DO I need to delete all the drivers, as opposed to unchecking the "enable this driver"?  

Joe

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:46 PM

All replies

• Are you getting the BugCheck on all machines or just one machine? Specifically, what is the error?

I have encountered problems with the Intel ACHI driver, since the *.inf file is identical between x86 and x64 it's difficult to know which driver package is for which OS. Hopefully MDT is doing the right thing here, and filtering out the correct version. How many achi driver versions are being injected into the WinPE image (check the DISM.log)?

-k

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:51 PM