none
ReferenceError: 'Strings' is undefinedTypeError: Unable to get property 'RenderField' of undefined or null reference

Question

• Hi Folks,

One of my user's are receiving this issue with SHAREPOINT 2013........

Using trend Anti Virus. We have already used the fix that was released not long ago on here.

Error:

ReferenceError: 'Strings' is undefinedTypeError: Unable to get   property 'RenderField' of undefined or null reference

ReferenceError: 'Strings' is undefinedTypeError: Unable to get property 'RenderField' of undefined or null reference

This is whenever they open up a folder that they have access too. The user is a Super User and has the correct privileges,

Any body have any other ideas?

• Edited by SeanIsHerko Thursday, April 13, 2017 3:03 PM
    Wednesday, April 12, 2017 2:06 PM

All replies

• Hi SeanlsHerko,

This forum is for SharePoint 2013, as your issue is not related to SharePoint 2013, I suggest you ask the proper forum for help.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 13, 2017 2:34 AM
  • Wendy,

It is related to SharePoint 2013... That's why I have posted it here.  Please go over my question again and it may become obvious.

The reference error is from sharepoint if you did not know.

I mentioned trend anti virus as most AV's have problems with sharepoint 2013.

As a moderator I would of expected you to know, or at least possibly say that my wording is incorrect and that I could redesign the question...

Thursday, April 13, 2017 3:01 PM
  • Hi SeanlsHerko,

Please check ULS log file to find more information about this error.

In addition, there is a similar blog about this issue, you can take a look at it and pay attention to the comments:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/stefan_gossner/2016/12/06/sharepoint-issue-with-trend-micro-antivirus-after-updating-trend-micro-definition-to-pattern-12-941-00/

And an KB article also descripts this error:

ReferenceError: 'Strings' is undefinedTypeError: Unable to get property 'RenderField' of undefined or null referenceTypeError

You can try the solution from the article:

1.Install a later virus pattern from Trend Micro.
    2.Restore or copy the initstrings.js file from an unaffected SharePoint server or other working environment. If the original file was quarantined by Trend Micro, you can restore the file through the Trend Micro console.
    3.Make sure that you have the correct antivirus exclusions configured on your SharePoint servers.

Please have a try and let me know the result.

Thanks,

Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 14, 2017 1:29 AM
  • Hi SeanlsHerko,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

Thanks,

Wendy

Monday, April 17, 2017 8:19 AM