Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Ik heb in postvak gesorteerd op 'van'. Wanneer je vervolgens de letter 'f' invoert zou outlook naar de eerste mail moeten gaan met de afzender beginnend met een 'f'. Dit gebeurt nu niet, outlook gaat direct naar de laatste mail in de mailbox.
    (Ik gebruik niet CTRL-E en dit gebeurt met mail dat ouder is dan 3 maanden)

I have sorted in mailbox 'from'. If you then enter the letter 'f', outlook should go to the first mail with the sender starting with an 'f'. This doesn't happan, Outlook directly goes to the last mail thats available in your mailbox. (I do not use CTRL-E and this happands with mail that is older than 3 months)

Thursday, November 29, 2018 10:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this issue happen within each mail folder and subfolder in your mailbox?

You may first try to reset your views to default and then sort the mailbox by 'From' again to see whether you can still reproduce this issue. To do this, exit Outlook first, press Win+R to open the Run command, type outlook /cleanviews and press Enter. (Note: All your custom views will be reset to default after running this command. )

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 30, 2018 9:08 AM
  • Hi Steve,

This issue happan within folder and subfolder in my mailbox.

Solution that you offered me (Win+R outlook.exe cleanviews) doesn't work. If i open a mailbox (Deleted Items or Archive) and click on "click here to view more on microsoft exchange". Go up in the Folder/Subfolder press "S" it still goes to the last mail that it can find.

NOTE: I found out that it sometimes works 1 or 2 times and then goes to the last mail
    (A -> First person starts with A , B -> First person start with B. Then want to do C for the test it goes to Y last mail there is in my folder.)

• Edited by H.Jesse Friday, November 30, 2018 9:44 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2018 9:40 AM
  • Thank you for the update.

What version of Microsoft Outlook do you use? No matter what version of Outlook you are using, it's recommended to keep your Outlook client up-to-date, then try testing the issue again.

Besides, does this issue continue if we test it within Outlook safe mode? Press Win+ R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and press Enter.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, December 7, 2018 9:53 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2018 10:13 AM