none
cyrillic letters transliteration RRS feed

• Question

• As I know FIM/MIM have integrated transliteration options.

In AD I have users in cyrillic letters, when I need to generete AD logon name or Exchange mailbox name I need to write it in english letters.

How it can be done, I can't found information about this.

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 10:06 AM

All replies

• Nobody can help?

Monday, July 11, 2016 8:14 AM
  • Whether you are using workflow, sync rule or rules extension, you have to essentially do what NormalizeString function of MIMWAL does.

Monday, July 11, 2016 9:02 AM
  • Nilesh, thanks for showing direction to dig.

Maybe you can advise which method(workflow, sync rule or rules extension) is more simple or some examples?

I'm trying to found full step-by-step guides how to use MIMWAL, but I can found only short guides without explanation.

Monday, July 11, 2016 11:08 AM
  • If you have only Sync service installed, you won't have option but to code a rules extension. But If you also deployed FIMService, then you can also use workflow or Sync Rule. Sync Rule is almost impractical to use though you can make it to work. If you already have a user provisioning workflow, it may make sense to  use workflow.

From your reply, I get the impression that you don't have FIMService in the mix, but all the information of how to deploy and use MIMWAL is on the GitHub Wiki.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016 6:10 AM
  • I've had success using this in my attribute flows: https://unidecode.codeplex.com/
    • Edited by FIM-EN Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:48 PM
    Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:42 PM