none
Add a domain user into local administrator group and lost after restart RRS feed

• Question

• dear,

i create a domain policy and create a restricted group for IT, the restricted group named "Local Admin".

want to add a domain user to one computer local administrator group now.

so i launched the Administrators group and add  the domain user "Huadong Yu" into the Administrators group.

and the domain user can have the administrator right in this computer.

but domain user "Huadong Yu" will be lost from Administrators Group after the computer restart.

but i do this action in Windows XP is OK.

the domain user "Huadong Yu" still in the Administrators group after the computer restart.

Why?

路可以歪着走,但是方向一定要是对的~!

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 3:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I tested for you, it work as expected. But I am not sure if it only occurs on my side, but seems like this GPO has some delay, I restarted client machine twice and it finally shows in “local user and groups” console on Windows 7. And when create this policy try using “Browse” to find “Administrators” group.

“so i launched the Administrators group and add  the domain user "Huadong Yu" into the Administrators group.”

Ensure that you did this change on Domain controller, based on the screenshot you posted, if you do this on a Client machine, the change might not applies and disappear after restart (GP updated).

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 11, 2016 2:38 AM

All replies

• Please share your group policy settings as well .alternatively you can use group policy preference for this process.

http://www.grouppolicy.biz/2010/01/how-to-use-group-policy-preferences-to-secure-local-administrator-groups/

Darshana Jayathilake

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 5:19 AM

• 路可以歪着走,但是方向一定要是对的~!

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

I tested for you, it work as expected. But I am not sure if it only occurs on my side, but seems like this GPO has some delay, I restarted client machine twice and it finally shows in “local user and groups” console on Windows 7. And when create this policy try using “Browse” to find “Administrators” group.

“so i launched the Administrators group and add  the domain user "Huadong Yu" into the Administrators group.”

Ensure that you did this change on Domain controller, based on the screenshot you posted, if you do this on a Client machine, the change might not applies and disappear after restart (GP updated).

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 11, 2016 2:38 AM