none
self signed certs questions RRS feed

• Question

• have two exchange servers in DAG group.

just got notification that the self signed cert on both was going to expire in couple of days, it is assigned to SMTP.

have a 3rd party cert that is assigned to imap, pop, smtp, iis.

self signed cert seems to have same thumbprint and serial on both exchange servers.

so do I renew the self signed on server 1, and then export to server 2, or renew on both?

seems like I have a vague memory of having an issue with the DAG due to the self signed certs, could that cause an issue?

FWIW - I am currently in Hybrid mode with 365, about 80% people moved, soon as they all are, will just keep exchange so we can manage mail and users.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 8:17 PM

All replies

• Is it the exchange certificate? if so you can just run the command new-certificate

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Perry_Pan Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:47 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 5:20 AM
  • For self-signed certificate, you can renew it on both servers. Use following command:

Get-ExchangeCertificate -Thumbprint c4248cd7065c87cb942d60f7293feb7d533a4afc | New-ExchangeCertificate

Note: please change the Thumbprint to your self-signed cert.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry_Pan Friday, December 13, 2019 9:15 AM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:13 AM
  • all right then.

I guest I was thinking it might require exporting, since the cert has identical serial and thumbmprint on both servers, but renewing on both is certainly simpler.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 1:59 PM
  • If you have other questions about this issue, feel free to post back.

If the information is helpful to you, would you mind helping mark it as answer?  This will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. 

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 1:08 AM
  • Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Request/Expectation]

====================

How to renew self-signed Exchange certificate

[Suggestions]

====================

For self-signed certificate, you can renew it on both servers. Use following command:

Get-ExchangeCertificate -Thumbprint c4248cd7065c87cb942d60f7293feb7d533a4afc | New-ExchangeCertificate

• Edited by Perry_Pan Monday, December 16, 2019 6:14 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2019 6:13 AM
  • If you want to Buy Adderall Online.

Generic Adderall

As expressed by the Food and Drug Administration, a nonexclusive medication is indistinguishable from a marked medication regarding bioequivalence. Conventional Adderall is additionally like marked Adderall; the main distinction between these two meds is the expense of the medication. Generic Adderall comes at a low cost when contrasted with ‘Brand’ Adderall.

Generic Adderall is a less expensive option for the patients who have ADHD and require drugs for treatment for quite a while as utilizing conventional Adderall could spare a huge number of dollars. This medicine is accessible in various qualities, shapes, and hues.

Can You Buy Adderall Online ? - onlinemedscare.com
           Buy Adderall online from a onlinemedscare. We provide 100% Satisfaction and up to 20% discount. for more details Click Now."

Buy Now: +1 (786) 802-1504 
            sales@onlinemedscare.com

FREE SHIPPING on orders over USD 59 | 15% OFF FOR YOUR FIRST ORDER.

Monday, December 16, 2019 6:44 AM