Dashboard Designer Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the PPS monitoring server on a box running sql server 2005.  Proclarity Analytics server is on a box running sql server 2000 (along with all our data).  And, Installed on our webserver is  windows sharepoint services 3.0.  I am trying to migrate my business scorecards from BSM 2005 to performance point server.

After converting my scorecards to run in PPS, I attempt to change a dimension in the dashboard designer in my data mappings (pointing to a cube on the sql 2000/Proclarity analytics server box) for a KPI and receive the following error when it tries to load the dimensions "An unknown error has occurred.  If the problem persists contact an administrator.  There may be additional information in the server application event log."  I have attached the event log error below.

Anbody have any ideas what is going on?

If I install proclarity on both my webserver and PPS monitoring server box everything works fine.  I shouldn't need to have proclarity installed on those servers right???

Any help is much appreciated!! 

Thanks.

Here is the error in the event log:

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: index
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.CubeCollectionInternal.Find(String index)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.CubeCollectionInternal.get_Item(String index)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.GetObjectData(SchemaObjectType schemaObjectType, String cubeName, String uniqueName)
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.Member.PopulateParentLevel()
       at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.Member.get_ParentLevel()
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSourceProviders.OlapUtils.GetMemberFromAdomdMember(Member adomdMember, Member previousMember)
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSourceProviders.OlapUtils.QueryRelatedMember(String cubeName, String memberUniqueName, MemberRelationship relationship)
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.DataSourceProviders.AdomdDataSourceProvider.QueryRelatedMember(String memberUniqueName, MemberRelationship relationship)
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Server.PmServer.QueryRelatedMemberFromDataSourceHelper(DataSource dataSource, String memberUniqueName, MemberRelationship relationship)
       at Microsoft.PerformancePoint.Scorecards.Server.PmServer.QueryRelatedMemberFromDataSource(DataSource dataSource, String memberUniqueName, MemberRelationship relationship)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Friday, December 14, 2007 9:08 PM

Answers

All replies