Radius Server unable to established connection with Cisco Meraki Access point RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

We recently trying to setup Microsoft NPS with Cisco Meraki for 802.1x secure wireless

I imported the "RAS and IAS certificate" to the NPS server and got all the policy setup.

Here is some issue that we figured:

1. No logs are showing when I tested with an authenticated user. Even I supplied with the wrong password, no error logs are being logged.

2. The access point and Radius server stop at "Server Hello. Certificate" during the TLS handshake, and did not have any further communication.

I am not sure if I need some other certificate on NPS server or client side to make it to work, or is there any troubleshooting tools that we can use to see why it's failing.

Monday, February 5, 2018 10:04 PM

All replies

• Hi JasonSun1234,

Did you follow this guide to setup the NPS? https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Configuring_RADIUS_Authentication_with_WPA2-Enterprise

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon

Monday, February 5, 2018 10:32 PM
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 16, 2018 5:25 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 19, 2018 7:47 AM