Media Center in RC2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have just installed Vista RC2 build 5744, and the main problem I had when I ran RC1 was that Media Center wouldn't run, now i didnt play with it for long, but now ive installed RC2 it still wont run.

It opens in the taskbar and then just makes the screen flicker twice, and then stops doing anything.

Is this a known problem, or is it just me?

Monday, October 9, 2006 1:45 PM

All replies

• It might be your drivers....what TV Tuner card are you running?  Have installed the updates for it?  Have you checked your device manager to see if it there are any uninstalled media drivers?

bald_gye wrote:

I have just installed Vista RC2 build 5744, and the main problem I had when I ran RC1 was that Media Center wouldn't run, now i didnt play with it for long, but now ive installed RC2 it still wont run.

It opens in the taskbar and then just makes the screen flicker twice, and then stops doing anything.

Is this a known problem, or is it just me?

Monday, October 9, 2006 6:29 PM
  • i havnt installed the crivers for my TV card but when i had beta 2 and ran it it worked, and i didnt even have a tv card then and yeh i do have some multimedia drivers missing but surly that wouldnt stop media center from showing..becasue i can hear the start up noise it makes
    Monday, October 9, 2006 6:56 PM
  • Not it wont keep it from running, but I know that when I was having driver issues with my tuner card MCE took forever to startup.
    Monday, October 9, 2006 7:57 PM
  • alright well i'll give it a go..

thanks

Monday, October 9, 2006 8:38 PM