none
How Do You Use Project Server? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Our company uses JIRA and SharePoint for years. They are all great! Now, we want to add project server, and ideally, we want put all of them together. I saw two plugins: JIRA + Project Pro Connector and JIRA + SharePoint Connector. But neither of them can meet my request. It's my first time to do this. So I want to gather some thoughts here. Does anyone use Project Server in your company? How do you use it? Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Niki
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 8:09 AM

Answers

• Hello Niki

That's a awefully broad question.  I would just googling for "Project Server 2010 videos" and watch some that show how the tool is used.   It's just to huge a topic to expect, so your question needs to be more narrow.

Also, there are some great books on the market that go over more details.

In a nutshell, it manages projects, manages resources, provides a portfolio view of all your projets and a whole lots of automation.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:43 AM

All replies

• Hello Niki

That's a awefully broad question.  I would just googling for "Project Server 2010 videos" and watch some that show how the tool is used.   It's just to huge a topic to expect, so your question needs to be more narrow.

Also, there are some great books on the market that go over more details.

In a nutshell, it manages projects, manages resources, provides a portfolio view of all your projets and a whole lots of automation.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 11:43 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. I know my question is too broad to answer. I'm a newbie here and I want to know how does everyone use Project Server. Our company sells software product which developed by our own developers. But we have already tracked our products' bugs, tasks and improvements by JIRA. So I cannot figure out which way to use Project Server can make the most of it. Such as which department should use this? Development division or QA division or all of them? How should they use it?Tracking bug? So I was wondering how does your team use this? It will be nice if you could give me some detailed suggestions :)

Thanks a lot!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 3:29 AM
  • We use Project to manage development projects such as a complete re-write of a module or a new major piece of functionality.

We use Jira to manage our times, work request, support enquiries. We use TFS for development items using the SCRUM methodology and SharePoint is our Intranet. We have a plugin that connects Jira to MS Project - The Connector by Ecliptech - which allows use to treat multiple Jira items as a project and better manage it through the client.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:52 AM