Windows Interface unstable RRS feed

• Question

• I can' make selections in Windows 7. Typing is a challenge. Opening a folder is difficult, a check a box on a forum is nearly impossible. Making corrections is difficult. I have run every anti-virus and Malware known to man. It hasn't found anything.

I have wiped my Hard Drive and Re-installed everything and it appeared to go away for a day but no, its back. The unstable interface from hell. I have downloaded Windows Malware and run it. I ran malware bytes. I have Norton now I did have AVG.

I have an ATI Radeon Video Card. I thought there may be a conflict with Nvidia Drivers. But now that I have rebuilt the system. I have no Nvidia Drivers but no solution either.

Someone please help. This can't be a Virus. I think I have a software conflict but I don't know what it is?

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 9:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since this issue persist after rebuilding the system, the issue may related with hardware conflict or incompatible with Windows 7.

I suggest to unplug all necessary hardware and login with Safe Mode to see if the same issue occurs.

If the issue doesn’t occur in Safe Mode, that seem the problem related with drivers or third party programs. Ensure the drivers installed are support to Windows 7, and update the driver to the latest version, also remove third party programs.

Also please go to Windows 7 Compatibility Center to check your hardware are compatible with Windows 7 or not.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Saidmore Sunday, March 27, 2011 5:14 PM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 9:05 AM
  • if you ran the compatibility wizard before you installed windows 7 then the hardware would have showed a problem then. Make sure that you have the correct versions of the drivers installed. Meaning that they are the Win 7 drivers. I know i had this problem with my Gforce video adapter when i first installed it and i used the XP driver to save time searching for the 7 driver. This caused about the same problem that you are Describing. If that does not work try and uninstall the graphics driver and let windows auto install the proper driver for it. (to do this goto device manager and right click on the graphics card and hit uninstall, then restart your PC and windows should find the proper driver to install that program from within windows update) 

Hope this helps

• Marked as answer by Saidmore Sunday, March 27, 2011 5:18 PM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 11:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since this issue persist after rebuilding the system, the issue may related with hardware conflict or incompatible with Windows 7.

I suggest to unplug all necessary hardware and login with Safe Mode to see if the same issue occurs.

If the issue doesn’t occur in Safe Mode, that seem the problem related with drivers or third party programs. Ensure the drivers installed are support to Windows 7, and update the driver to the latest version, also remove third party programs.

Also please go to Windows 7 Compatibility Center to check your hardware are compatible with Windows 7 or not.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Saidmore Sunday, March 27, 2011 5:14 PM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 9:05 AM
  • if you ran the compatibility wizard before you installed windows 7 then the hardware would have showed a problem then. Make sure that you have the correct versions of the drivers installed. Meaning that they are the Win 7 drivers. I know i had this problem with my Gforce video adapter when i first installed it and i used the XP driver to save time searching for the 7 driver. This caused about the same problem that you are Describing. If that does not work try and uninstall the graphics driver and let windows auto install the proper driver for it. (to do this goto device manager and right click on the graphics card and hit uninstall, then restart your PC and windows should find the proper driver to install that program from within windows update) 

Hope this helps

• Marked as answer by Saidmore Sunday, March 27, 2011 5:18 PM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 11:34 PM
  • I will run the compatibility wizard. However I ran Windows 7 for the past year. This problem popped up in February of 2011. This problem also includes significant disruptions to Windows based applications. For example I can't open any Word documents within MS Word. I can use the Control Key + O but if I click the Microsoft icon it closes the program. Which makes me think it is a virus or malicious software.

Patrick McDonnell
    Sunday, March 27, 2011 4:43 PM
  • Dude you both helped. I ran the compatibility wizard updated some drivers...Uninstalled the video driver and let Windows find it. Everything A OKAY. Two months later. Thank you...

MS Word is working. What happened? Auto update on Video drivers. I suppose. You have to be careful what you answer Yes to in updates.

Thanks again. You are both my heroes.

Patrick McDonnell
    Sunday, March 27, 2011 5:17 PM
  • Yes see above reply. I did as you said and it worked immediately. After two months of struggling with this. You Rock!

Patrick McDonnell
    Sunday, March 27, 2011 5:19 PM