Outlook 2010 Quick Steps - Address Book issue RRS feed

• Question

• It was suggested I ask this question in the Windows 7 forum, after I posted it in the O365 forum... 

Environment:  Wave15 O365, on-premise users/groups, dirsync'd to O365 (ADFS).  No on-site exchange servers.  Users use either OWA or Outlook 2010 full client (part of Prof Plus 2010). 

We have verified that the personal address books have had their 'show this folder as an e-mail Address Book' checked.

When we try to setup a Quick Step in the Outlook client on a Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 machine, it appears to be looking to the local machine's Windows Address Book, instead of the Outlook address books.  It only shows an Administrator E-mail Address.  The window top does say Address Book: Global Address List.  We cannot see any other address books.

When I login as the same user on a Windows 2003 R2 machine (citrix full desktop), it properly sees all of the address books, so it's not specific to the user. It appears to have something to do with the Operating System.

Ideas?

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:57 PM

Answers

• Hello ,

We did test this issue with outlook 2013 64 bit and 32 bit connecting to Office 365 and Office on premises & we are not able to replicate this issue.

It might something unique in your environment and hence at this point of time I would suggest you to open phone support case with Microsoft as we need to do extensive troubleshooting and collect various logs which is not possible via this FORUM.

You can always create case with Microsoft O'365 team by going to admin portal of your 365 account or You can always contact Microsoft Customer Central on 1-800-936-4900 to create phone support case.

Hope this helps

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:54 AM

All replies

• How is Outlook configured?

Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:05 AM
  • Hi,

I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay.

Appreciate your patience.

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:48 AM
  • Milos Puchta - I'm not exactly sure what you want to know about the configuration.  Outlook runs in cached mode.  Is that the information you wanted?

Niki - Thank you.

April

Thursday, June 13, 2013 10:11 PM
  • Hello ,

We did test this issue with outlook 2013 64 bit and 32 bit connecting to Office 365 and Office on premises & we are not able to replicate this issue.

It might something unique in your environment and hence at this point of time I would suggest you to open phone support case with Microsoft as we need to do extensive troubleshooting and collect various logs which is not possible via this FORUM.

You can always create case with Microsoft O'365 team by going to admin portal of your 365 account or You can always contact Microsoft Customer Central on 1-800-936-4900 to create phone support case.

Hope this helps

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:54 AM
  • Check the value for HKLM\Software\Clients\Mail\(Default).

If it's not set to Microsoft Outlook, the GAL will not be queried.  By setting it to Microsoft Outlook, you can change the behavior.

This is likely common in shops that are moving from non-Exchange messaging platforms to Exchange (in our case, we moved from Notes to Exchange).

Friday, January 31, 2014 4:58 PM
  • Thank you !!  It's been a while since my original post, so thanks for answering it.
    Friday, January 31, 2014 5:14 PM