locked
errors when trying to install Exchange 2010 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Currently, I have an Exchange 2003 box and am installing a new Exchange 2010 server. When  run the setup, this is the error that I am getting;

    Mailbox Role
    Failed

    Error:
    The following error was generated when "$error.Clear();
              if ($RoleIsDatacenter -ne $true)
              {
                if (test-ExchangeServersWriteAccess -DomainController $RoleDomainController -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue)
                {
                  # upgrade the discovery mailboxes to R5 version, this will fix the RecipientDisplayType property of the discovery mailbox which was wrong in R4.
                  get-mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails DiscoveryMailbox -DomainController $RoleDomainController | where {$_.IsValid -eq $false} | set-mailbox -DomainController $RoleDomainController
                  $name = [Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.EnableMailbox]::DiscoveryMailboxUniqueName;
                  $dispname = [Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.EnableMailbox]::DiscoveryMailboxDisplayName;
                  $mbxs = @( get-mailbox -Filter {name -eq $name} -IgnoreDefaultScope -resultSize 1 );
                  if ( $mbxs.length -eq 0)
                  {
                    $dbs = @(get-MailboxDatabase -Server:$RoleFqdnOrName -DomainController $RoleDomainController);
                    if($dbs.Length -ne 0)
                    {
                      $mbxUser = @(get-user -Filter {name -eq $name} -IgnoreDefaultScope -ResultSize 1);
                      if ($mbxUser.Length -ne 0)
                      {
                        enable-mailbox -Discovery -identity $mbxUser[0] -DisplayName $dispname -database $dbs[0].Identity;
                      }
                    }
                  }
                }
                else
                {
                  write-exchangesetuplog -info "Skipping creating Discovery Search Mailbox because of insufficient permission."
                } 
              }
            " was run: "Database is mandatory on UserMailbox. Property Name: Database".

    Database is mandatory on UserMailbox. Property Name: Database
    Click here for help... http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms.exch.err.default(EXCHG.141).aspx?v=14.1.218.11&e=ms.exch.err.Ex88D115&l=0&cl=cp

    Error:
    The following error was generated when "$error.Clear();
              if ($RoleIsDatacenter -ne $true)
              {
                if (test-ExchangeServersWriteAccess -DomainController $RoleDomainController -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue)
                {
                  # upgrade the discovery mailboxes to R5 version, this will fix the RecipientDisplayType property of the discovery mailbox which was wrong in R4.
                  get-mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails DiscoveryMailbox -DomainController $RoleDomainController | where {$_.IsValid -eq $false} | set-mailbox -DomainController $RoleDomainController
                  $name = [Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.EnableMailbox]::DiscoveryMailboxUniqueName;
                  $dispname = [Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.EnableMailbox]::DiscoveryMailboxDisplayName;
                  $mbxs = @( get-mailbox -Filter {name -eq $name} -IgnoreDefaultScope -resultSize 1 );
                  if ( $mbxs.length -eq 0)
                  {
                    $dbs = @(get-MailboxDatabase -Server:$RoleFqdnOrName -DomainController $RoleDomainController);
                    if($dbs.Length -ne 0)
                    {
                      $mbxUser = @(get-user -Filter {name -eq $name} -IgnoreDefaultScope -ResultSize 1);
                      if ($mbxUser.Length -ne 0)
                      {
                        enable-mailbox -Discovery -identity $mbxUser[0] -DisplayName $dispname -database $dbs[0].Identity;
                      }
                    }
                  }
                }
                else
                {
                  write-exchangesetuplog -info "Skipping creating Discovery Search Mailbox because of insufficient permission."
                } 
              }
            " was run: "Database is mandatory on UserMailbox. Property Name: Database".

    Database is mandatory on UserMailbox. Property Name: Database

    Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:10 AM

Answers

  • About 5 minutes after I posted this, I was able to get my problem resolved. This is what I did to fix the problem;

    Delete the account DiscoverySearchMailbox and also the arbitration accounts and run setup.com /preparead before running the Setup again.

    Arbitration Accounts/Mailboxes to be deleted:
    SystemMailbox{1f05a927-e6c7-4ab8-88fc-31ff7dea8d3c}
    SystemMailbox{e0dc1c29-89c3-4034-b678-e6c29d823ed9}
    FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042

    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Friday, August 17, 2012 6:49 AM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:29 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Delete the account DiscoverySearchMailbox* in ADUC. You will find it in the Users Container.
    Then run Setup.com /prepareAD before you start the installation of Exchange.

    Aslo make sure you use the latest binaries and that would be SP2 and nothing else.


    Martina Miskovic

    Thursday, August 16, 2012 5:32 AM
  • About 5 minutes after I posted this, I was able to get my problem resolved. This is what I did to fix the problem;

    Delete the account DiscoverySearchMailbox and also the arbitration accounts and run setup.com /preparead before running the Setup again.

    Arbitration Accounts/Mailboxes to be deleted:
    SystemMailbox{1f05a927-e6c7-4ab8-88fc-31ff7dea8d3c}
    SystemMailbox{e0dc1c29-89c3-4034-b678-e6c29d823ed9}
    FederatedEmail.4c1f4d8b-8179-4148-93bf-00a95fa1e042

    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Friday, August 17, 2012 6:49 AM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:29 PM