none
IE 10 crashes on Windows Server 2012 when authenticating with Kerberos/ADFS RRS feed

• Question

• Running IE 10 on Windows Server 2012 to authenticate against ADFS 2012 via Kerberos.  Added ADFS server URL to intranet sites.  Run IE 10 and when the ADFS kerberos auth occurs, IE 10 crashes with this error:

If I run IE 10 as admin, the ADFS Kerberos auth works fine and IE does not crash.  Please advise.

• Edited by scott_m Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:00 AM typo
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:00 AM

Answers

• To run 32-bit Internet Explorer with no add-ons, try the following command in Run box.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

When I run as administrator.... works fine...

any addons involved? The first step to troubleshoot IE issues is to test in noAddons mode.

IE runs in Enhanced Protected Mode by default on server versions of windows. The second step is to ensure that the default security zone settings are applied.

ntdll.dll errors are usually associated with device drivers.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:43 AM
  • Hi,

When I run as administrator.... works fine...

any addons involved? The first step to troubleshoot IE issues is to test in noAddons mode.

IE runs in Enhanced Protected Mode by default on server versions of windows. The second step is to ensure that the default security zone settings are applied.

ntdll.dll errors are usually associated with device drivers.

Rob^_^

How do you run IE 10 in noAddons mode?  Are there command line switches?  Is there a way to enable verbose logging?

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 2:43 PM
  • To run 32-bit Internet Explorer with no add-ons, try the following command in Run box.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff

Niki Han
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:34 AM