none
Microsoft Assessment and Planning Architecture RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

Can any body explain about the architecure of MAPS(how it is connected to databse and export that infromation as reports). MAPS provides any dlls or webservices to get the inventory information from SQL database.(Case: Integration of MAPS with another Application.I want to know how much MAPS supports  for this integration)Actually, i need to get the devices inventory infromation from MAPS database with out doing any manipulations to the MAPS DB and need to port the information in to another application database.

Thanks,
    Syam Swetha
    Friday, October 30, 2009 5:04 AM

Answers

• Hello Jay,

First of all thank you.MAPS uses Stored Procedures in XML Schema files to generate reports.

MAPS collection Manager collects the inventory information and how the data will be stored in SQL  database?.

In Microsoft Assessment and  Planning Toolkit demo, I understood only few points about the MAP-Architecture.  Can you explain about MAP - Architecture indetailed ?

Can you suggest best MicroSoft Tools for auto discovery of  Assets(i.e. Computer,Softwares ,Networks and locations etc) ?

Thank you,
    Syam Swetha
    • Marked as answer by Syam Swetha Friday, November 20, 2009 4:20 AM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 4:54 AM

All replies

• There's no programatic facility provided for this.

However, there are a series of reporting stored procedures in the database that you can execute that will return the exact same data as what you see in the reports.  For example,

exec sp_report_GetHardwareInventory 'en', 0

will give you the Hardare Inventory report that lists every computer in the database & related information.  You can generally tell from the name of the stored procedure what kind of data it will return.

We don't document this, it may change in future releases, and we don't provide support for it.

Hope that helps!
    Jay
    Friday, October 30, 2009 6:51 PM

• Hello Jay,

First of all thank you.MAPS uses Stored Procedures in XML Schema files to generate reports.

MAPS collection Manager collects the inventory information and how the data will be stored in SQL  database?.

In Microsoft Assessment and  Planning Toolkit demo, I understood only few points about the MAP-Architecture.  Can you explain about MAP - Architecture indetailed ?

Can you suggest best MicroSoft Tools for auto discovery of  Assets(i.e. Computer,Softwares ,Networks and locations etc) ?

Thank you,
    Syam Swetha
    • Marked as answer by Syam Swetha Friday, November 20, 2009 4:20 AM
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 4:54 AM