none
SQLEXPRESS 2014 Workload Not Showing Up on DPM 2012 R2 UR9 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.  I am trying to protect an SQLEXPRESS 2014 instance with DPM 2012 R2 UR9.  When I choose my server that has the SQLEXPRESS 2014 database I do not see an option to back it up as I do with SQLEXPRESS 2008 databases on other servers.  I only see volumes and system protection available.  The server is in an untrusted domain with a local user.  That setup appears to work as other servers in the same untrusted domain with a local user show "All SQL Servers" as an option (these are not SQL 2014) whereas the sever in question only shows "All Volumes" and "System Protection" as options.

The agent is version 4.2.1417.0.  DPM is 2012 R2 version 4.2.1417.0.

I have created a login for “NT Authority\DPMRA”.  I have made sure that "NT Authority\DPMRA" and "NT Authority\System" are assigned to one of the SQLEXPRESS 2014 databases as a user with the sysadmin role.  I still cannot configure protection for SQLEXPRESS 2014.

What am I missing?  No errors show up as I cannot select "All SQL Servers" since it does not exist in order to get to an error message.  I've gone in through PowerShell using:

$DpmPServer = Get-DPMProductionServer -DPMServerName "servername"
     Get-Datasource -ProductionServer $DpmPServer[9] -Inquire

(where the server in question is [9] in the array) and it does not show any SQLEXPRESS databases.

Please assist.  Thank you in advance.

Friday, February 5, 2016 6:02 PM

All replies