none
skype for business change to video conference when one user share desktop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We find out if one user share desktop on the conference , then the conference will change from audio call to video call, the conference call will pause and resume a 3 second.

I tested skype for business 2016 version 4266 share desktop is no problem but on latest version and O365 latest version have some behavior. 

Does it normal?

Thanks.

• Edited by JohnEGN Thursday, November 24, 2016 12:32 PM update
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 12:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Mick,

When the third person is added to a peer to peer call it becomes a meeting hosted on the front end servers so theres usually a couple of seconds whilst the meeting is created etc.

Hope this helps.

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Thursday, November 24, 2016 12:40 PM
  • 3-4 person conference call, and then either one share screen to the conference , it will become video call.

How can I feedback client  issue?   I trace new version have this issue only.

I know P2P call change to conference call is normal.

Thanks.

Friday, November 25, 2016 12:40 AM
  • Hi Mick TT,

Welcome to post in our forum.

Would you please tell us did all users in your environment had this issue? Could you please provide a screenshot for us? What’s your current SFB client version?

It is not a normal behavior.

For troubleshooting this issue, please try as following:

1.If only specific user has the issue, please try to delete SFB cache files and try to perform a clean boot on your computer.
    %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com
    2.Please use another normal computer test if there is the same issue.
    3.Try to reinstall the SFB client and test again.
    4.You could also try to repair your office.

Hope this reply helpful to you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 25, 2016 9:26 AM
  • Would you please tell us did all users in your environment had this issue? Yes

Could you please provide a screenshot for us?  No error when change to video call.

What’s your current SFB client version? Skype for business 2016 client with Nov Patch.

If I downgrade one patch, it don't have issue.

Saturday, November 26, 2016 9:31 AM
  • Hi , 

Just to understand further, when you share the screen , the video feed opens and every ones video started showing up in the conference ? is this the behavior you are seeing ? 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Monday, November 28, 2016 4:31 PM
  • the video feed opens and every ones video started showing up in the conference ?

All is video will not show up, only new invite user will become to video call, but the conference call will pause and resume when someone present share screen.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 10:02 AM
  • Hi Mick, 

Can you modify the meeting options to block the attendee video while  joining  to check if this is some kind of bandwidth issue or client related.

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 11:26 AM
  • I've test the skype for business 2016 version 4266 is no problem.

O365 latest version have problem too.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 11:29 AM
  • Hi MickTT,

Thanks for your patience.

I will contact our discuss group, and confirm with them if this is caused by the NOV update, I will update you as soon as possible.

Moreover, you could send the feedback with the following link
    https://www.skypefeedback.com/

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 6, 2016 9:09 AM