WSUS status still showing downloading files RRS feed

• Question

• I have an interesting issue. Around June 9th, 2015 I had an issue where some files were not downloading after approving the June updates. So, I rebooted the WSUS server. This usually repairs most issues. There was a period of time where some of the definition files were not getting downloaded. Yesterday I approved the patches for the test group and this morning they have downloaded along with the definition files. I am still getting this message on the console. The WSUS server is on Windows Server 2008 SP 2. 32bit.

Would anyone know how to clear the Download Status messages? 

Thanks again for your help.

• Edited by antwesor Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:10 PM
    Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:07 PM

All replies

• I'm having a similiar problem as well.  Updates were downloading and then just stopped.  I haven't seen any change in two days or after a reboot. 

I would like for the downloads to complete or resume.  What can be done?

Thanks for any assistance!

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 7:13 PM
  • UPDATE : Looks like the definition files and windows / microsoft updates are downloading to the server now. It turns out that MS .NET Framework 4.5.1 was installed on this WSUS server. I removed that, but I am still getting download status of needing files. Very odd. At least is does seem to be working now. Good thing I am replacing this WSUS server with one on Windows 2012 R2. I have to coordinate the install with the Group Policy group. Wish me luck.
    Thursday, June 18, 2015 1:32 PM
  • UPDATE : Looks like the definition files and windows / microsoft updates are downloading to the server now. It turns out that MS .NET Framework 4.5.1 was installed on this WSUS server. I removed that, but I am still getting download status of needing files. Very odd. At least is does seem to be working now. Good thing I am replacing this WSUS server with one on Windows 2012 R2. I have to coordinate the install with the Group Policy group. Wish me luck.
    Looks like the MS .NET Framework was not the issue after all. Still not able to clear the status. I was able to get WSUS to download some updates last week, but now it has stopped yet again. I am going to check with our network people perhaps there is something up with the network or just an unhealthy WSUS server at this point.
    • Edited by antwesor Monday, June 22, 2015 7:53 PM
    Monday, June 22, 2015 7:52 PM