Blue Screen of Death Due to Conexant HCF 56 K PCI Modem Drivers in Vista Build 5472 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Friends,

I am using Windows Vista 5472.5 Evaluation Edition provided by Microsoft. I am having a Data Fax Modem by Conexant. When I try to install the drivers for the modem which I usually installed in Windows xp, I get Blue Screen of Death in Windows Vista. Are there any generic drivers, which can be used instead of conexant drivers?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Snehal Patel.

Thursday, September 14, 2006 5:45 AM

Answers

• That is a pretty old build, try downloading and installing RC1 and see if the issue still persists

Andre Rivera

Thursday, September 14, 2006 8:24 PM

All replies

• That is a pretty old build, try downloading and installing RC1 and see if the issue still persists

Andre Rivera

Thursday, September 14, 2006 8:24 PM
  • Hello everyone!

I have such problem in RC1 (build 5600). In additional when I manually install the driver (ver. 07.2003), vista said that it could'nt operate this hardware. Where can we get common (or generic) drivers for this modem such was in the Windows XP (Best Data Fax Modem)?

Evgeny Akinshin, Russia

Thank you.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 7:55 AM
  • I installed windows vista RC1 and installed the drivers for my U.S robotics V92 PCI FAXMODEM. When I tried to connect to the internet all I got was a dial tone. I used the device manager to check and see if the drivers were installed correctly. The device manager indicated that they were. When I querried the modem, I got a message saying that the modem was working correctly.

I have a clean copy of windows vista on one HD and Windows XP on my other HD. By using CMOS, i can boot from either HD. The modem works fine using windows XP.

Ron386

Tuesday, November 7, 2006 5:13 PM