none
Send Timesheet vs. Send Status RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What is the difference between Send Timesheet and Send Status in the Timesheet page of the team member? (PWA 2010)

Sunday, February 27, 2011 4:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

yes, it's normal and works as designed. What kind of behaviour do you expect?

In fact it is similar to 2007. Timesheets are sent to timesheet managers, status updates are sent to PMs/Status Managers.

The difference in 2010 with SEM are two things:

• You can send Status Updates from Timesheet page - so user does not need to switch pages.
    • If you send Timesheet to timesheet manager, status updates will be sent automatically at the same time to PM/Status Manager.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Sunday, February 27, 2011 5:51 PM
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 5:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Send Status will send your status updates to Project Manager/Status Manager like Send Status on Tasks page. Send Timesheet will send timesheet to Timesheet Manager. With SEM enabled, Send Timesheet will also send all updatee to Project Managers. At the moment (until applying CU February 2011), project managers will not receive any notification that updates were sent (SEM). Complete CU is to be released begin of March.

Does that help?
    Barbara

Sunday, February 27, 2011 5:06 PM
  • Barbara,

I made several trials : I filled several timesheets for several team members and then I clicked "Send Timesheet". Then I connected as Project Manager :In my Approval Center page, I activated the filter "Timesheets" ... and I don't have any timesheet!

All the progress data is "Status Update".

So, it's "normal" with the RTM version?

Sunday, February 27, 2011 5:28 PM
  • Hi,

yes, it's normal and works as designed. What kind of behaviour do you expect?

In fact it is similar to 2007. Timesheets are sent to timesheet managers, status updates are sent to PMs/Status Managers.

The difference in 2010 with SEM are two things:

• You can send Status Updates from Timesheet page - so user does not need to switch pages.
    • If you send Timesheet to timesheet manager, status updates will be sent automatically at the same time to PM/Status Manager.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Sunday, February 27, 2011 5:51 PM
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 5:47 PM