Switch Between Windows - 3D FLIP NOT AVAILABLE RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I just got Windows Vista Home Premium. Until yesterday I was able to switch between windows (Flip 3D) using the button on the Taskbar. Now, I dont know why, when I click on the button the normal small window from previous version appears. Now there is no 3D images of the windows available; it's just the icons. No view of the windows, no thumbnails, just Internet Explorer icon (e).  How can I activate the 3D flip again?. I really liked that feature but now its gone for no reason.

Its very annoying that every time I turn on the computer something has changed. Please help..!

Saturday, February 24, 2007 7:14 PM

All replies

• i have the same prolem with 3d flip need help aswell ty.
    Monday, February 26, 2007 6:53 PM
  • http://www.vistaclues.com/turn-off-the-fancy-windows-vista-aero-interface/

Friday, March 9, 2007 8:15 PM
  • hi!!

try this :

right click on desktop and click personalize , now click the very first option "windows colors and appearance" now click the text in small fonts and blue color at the bottom "open classic appearance properties for more color options"

set your color scheme to windows AERO ,, apply ok and you are done..

regards

• Proposed as answer by AndrewAnarchy Sunday, October 11, 2009 5:31 AM
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 9:31 PM
  • man you just made my day, I had the same problem and was not able to find the soliution, finaly found your post on this problem and your post was very helpfull, I guess we are all still expermanting with vista an AERO.

Thanx

Monday, March 12, 2007 11:47 PM
  • Hi, the same thing happened to me, the 3d switcher was there then it wasn't. but i dont seem to have the windows aero option...... running windows vista ultimate 64bit
    Friday, March 23, 2007 10:46 AM
  • tnx so much for the info man
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 2:25 PM
  • You are the man webmaster. tank-you it worked a treat.
    Friday, April 13, 2007 5:25 PM
  • i am very happy and its my pleasure that i could help you all.. thanks..

and same applies to windows x64 edition.. but you should have the display drivers installed..(for x64)

Friday, April 13, 2007 9:19 PM
  •  

I cannot find windows AERO.  I recently had my laptop reformatted.  Do you think that is why I lost Windows Aero?  Is there anyway I can get it back?  Please help! 
    Monday, August 13, 2007 10:57 PM
  • I did all that and more and my 3d flip still will not work....any more suggestions?

Monday, September 3, 2007 2:09 AM
  •  

its got to be in the aero theme
    Monday, September 3, 2007 4:36 PM
  • Hi - I am running Vista Business with a Geforce 8600 GTS - had the same problem as above until I tried downloading the latest drivers here :

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

File is around 80mb I think - installed, restarted my PC and now all is fine - didn't have to change anything once it had booted up.

Hope this is of help to you

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 6:38 PM
  • I resolved my (same) problem by determining that qttask.exe at startup was switching mine to basic, creating the box, promising to switch it back to Aero, but I could not get it to stay on Aero and use the Switch function.  Searching for this qttask.exe, I found it in QuickTime.  Went to CStick out tonguerograms - found a few QuickTime files there - created a new folder inside the QuickTime folder - moved all those four or five or six or so files into the new folder - and I was back to the cascading windows immediately.  This way, when I need to use QuickTime, I can go to the folder and open it myself.

Friday, November 9, 2007 11:02 AM
  •  

I wonder why QuickTime is causing the problem with you, I also run QuickTime  on my vista but have note faced the same problem you mention.

When my system switched to basic was because of some video and display settings that I tried to run, but when restored the display settings and switched back to AERO it worked and it stayed on AERO, running QuickTime never caused this problem with 3D flip.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 9:37 AM
  • I had the same problem ... and i realized that if you change your screen resolution from 16-bit to 32-bit .. the 3D swtich widow  feature came back. I have a Vaio SZ that it adapts the screen resolution based on the power scheme.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:25 AM
  • dude i just installed my windows vista home premium and it doesnt even show ANYTHING on the windows 3d thing im frustrated not under personalize not under anything Sad

Monday, February 4, 2008 6:58 PM
  •  

Bravo! Thank you for a simple solution and great explanation on how to solve this problem.
    Wednesday, February 20, 2008 12:03 PM
  • Hi. Most helpful. Ran all over the web finding arcane fixes that did not work, and VOILA, your post was perfect, and it WORKED. Thanks
    Sunday, March 16, 2008 7:37 AM
  •  RaZsoR wrote:

dude i just installed my windows vista home premium and it doesnt even show ANYTHING on the windows 3d thing im frustrated not under personalize not under anything

See if any of these Flip 3D Tips helps you get what what you want.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:21 PM
  • Edited : on admins request...

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 2:56 PM
  • Hi there Shantanu Kaushik,

It solved my 3D windows flipping problem. Thanks for the assistance.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 4:05 AM
  • It Really Works!! Thnx!
    Sunday, October 11, 2009 5:31 AM
  • Hi thanks Shantanu worked for me just fine !!
    Sunday, October 18, 2009 6:08 PM
  • Thanks Man,
    Your post made 2 years back..
    Worked for me even on this date.

Thanks AGAIN

Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:58 PM
  • hi,
    for some reason it will not let me change it to windows AERO,I click on it, click OK and then nothing happened so i tried again but when when i looked at it, it hadn' t changed it will still stuck on another setting.

Please help, i am soooo frustrated
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 9:03 PM
  • OMGGGG !! im having the same exct problem....can someone save us !!! ASAPP !! i cant even concentrate on my homework because i wana get this figured out soo bad...
    Monday, April 12, 2010 6:10 AM
  • thank .. it worked for me
    Friday, July 9, 2010 1:48 AM
  • The "3D Flip" is part of the AERO system. I lost mine when using one of those "streamline your PC"-type configuration managers. The best way to streamline is to avoid these extras in the first place -- especially if they're free. Lots of programs sneak extra stuff on your machine by stealth. Something as innocuous as a mouse driver can fill a drive with junk programs you didn't ask for and weren't told about, etc.

Now, I regularly go through TaskMan looking for things I don't need. If need be, I open up System Configuration (msconfig.exe), hit the Startup tab and uncheck the link for the culprit program. Next time you reboot, msconfig may throw up an ag-screen: if so, simply check the Shut Up! box and close.

The most important thing I do is to keep a Notepad file safe in the Windows folder, onto which I log EACH and EVERY adjustment I make.

Friday, October 15, 2010 1:13 PM
  • Hi thanks for the tip Shantanu Kaushik, very clear and easy way to resolve this "feature".

Thank you for your help.

Thank to MGonzalez for posting the question!

• Edited by Steve3232 Sunday, March 25, 2012 6:40 PM
    Sunday, March 25, 2012 6:39 PM
  • rgergergegerger

Thanks buddy,that was realy easy

very helpfull

Sunday, September 30, 2012 2:00 AM