none
Pin Word 2016 shortcut to the Task Bar

Question

• I was able to pin the Word shortcut to Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 task bar. But I am unable to do so with the 2016 edition of the Word. On the other hand, I could pin the Power Point 2016 to the task bar! Why this difficulty with the Word only?

Thanks for helping

• Edited by Mathew John1 Tuesday, December 22, 2015 11:44 PM
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 11:41 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mathew,

I did test for your issue. It is easily to pin the Word 2016 icon to task bar. Just right click the desktop and create a new Word document. Then drag it to the taskbar and everything works fine. Please see the pictures below.

This is the picture for opening Word in Windows 7.

This is the picture for the icon in taskbar without opening.

Also, you could try to pin the icon to taskbar via group policy.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/28239.how-to-manage-windows-taskbar-items-pinning-using-group-policy.aspx

Hope that will be helpful to you.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 8:22 AM
  • Hi,
    We wonder if there is any luck your issue has been resolved, if you've found solution by yourself. We would appreciate it if you could share with us and we will mark it as answer.
    Best Regards,
    Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 7:44 AM
  • Hello Simon,

I tried to drag and do as you mention above and was not able to get it to pin to task bar.  This needs to be fixed.  The others can easily be pinned to the task bar by doing a right click.  A few days ago, I had to get help with your chat line, to find word and put it on the desk top.  And now I can not get the desk top to open, since I opened the file and tried to drag it to the task bar as mentioned above. 

What does this mean, another 30 - 40 minutes to type with chat, have them take over my computer and fix what I did wrong for the desk top and pin to task bar to work.  You have known about this for 6 months, where is the update to fix this issue?  This is why so many of us wait to update.  I'm not mad, just disappointed that this company is fine being late to the game.  If you don't think I know what I am talking about, it took years for you to get OneNote to link to other devices.  We had to switch about 4 years ago to Evernote, because of your lack of caring. 

Linda

Thursday, July 14, 2016 2:02 PM