Backup taking over 24hrs to complete, file size is twice the size RRS feed

• Question

• Reading through other forums, it is not unusual for the backup to take a considerable length of time on the first backup, however I am finding that the first backup is massive compared to the file size that it is backing up. My c: drive is 429GB, however my backup file is 762GB. Why is it so much larger. I am backing up to a 2nd hard drive internally over SATAII so there should be no speed issue.

Specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional

Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600

System Model P55A-UD4

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU         750  @ 2.67GHz, 2661 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F11, 3/05/2010

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 8.00 GB

Available Physical Memory 5.28 GB

Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB

Available Virtual Memory 12.5 GB

Page File Space 8.00 GB

I believe I have 3 user accounts...would my computer be backing up a system image for each? If so, any ideas on how to stop it?

Friday, November 12, 2010 2:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The backup files include image disk and data files, I suspect you checked all backup options, therefore, the backup files include C drive and your three user’s data files.

For more information of Windows 7 feature—backup and restore, please refer to:

Windows 7 Features: Backup and Restore

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, November 19, 2010 10:10 AM
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 10:50 AM