system repair runs on start up.. how to make it stop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there...

I have been working on my son's computer now for hours and still no luck, so thought I would come here.

Everytime I try and boot the computer up it takes me to system repair, it scans and always finds a problem and will not fix it. I can not get windows to boot at all. I have also tried to do a factory repair and will not allow me to do so.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue????

thanks for your time and thoughts

Saturday, December 11, 2010 6:56 AM

Answers

• Hi,

First, Please try to perform system restore to test this issue.

Also, please boot the computer in Clean Boot and safe mode to confirm if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, please try the following methods to troubleshoot the issue:

Device Clean Boot

=================

1. Click Start, type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) in the Search bar and press Enter.

2. Expand "Sound, video and game controllers".

3. Right click on your sound card and then click "Properties.

4. In the dropdown menu of Device Usage, please choose "Do not use this device (disable)" and click OK.

5. Please use the same method to disable other dubious hardware such as: internal modem, network card and CD-R drive. Please note some devices such as video adapter are not available to be disabled.

Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)

============================================

1. Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer. 

2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.

3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next. 

4. Click Repair your computer. 

5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next. 

6. At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on Repair your computer.

7. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.

8. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, December 17, 2010 7:46 AM
    Monday, December 13, 2010 9:37 AM