none
Recovery data to drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I am trying to recovery data to a location using DPM powershell cmdlets but and getting an error on the final command to restore.

DPM Server:DPM Server02

Data Source: HVDCenter02

Recovery Location: C:\VMRecovery

PS C:\>$PGroup = Get-DPMProtectionGroup -DPMServerName "DPMServer02"
    PS C:\> $PObjects = Get-DPMDatasource -ProtectionGroup $PGroup[0]
    PS C:\> $RPoint = Get-DPMRecoveryPoint -Datasource $PObjects[0] | Sort -Property RepresentedPointInTime -Descending | Select-Object -First 1
    PS C:\> $ROption = New-DPMRecoveryOption -HyperVDatasource -TargetServer "HVDCenter02" -RecoveryLocation AlternateHyperVServer -RecoveryType Recover -TargetLocation "C:\VMRecovery"
    PS C:\> Restore-DPMRecoverableItem -RecoverableItem $RPoint -RecoveryOption $ROption

On the final command i get an error:

Restore-DPMRecoverableItem : The specified recovery options are not valid.(ID:31095)

Check the parameters that you are passing to the cmdlet and ensure that these p
    arameters correspond to the data source type that you are attempting to recover.

At Line:1 char:1

Can anyone advise where is it going wrong?

Im using DPM 2016 and just trying to recovery a data to a separate location.

Thanks,

Regards Peter

• Edited by PeterCCS Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:06 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2018 4:36 AM

Answers

• Housekeeping - closing old post.

I tested your commands and they worked for restoring a Hyper-V virtual machine.  You show both the Data Source and TargetLocation server to be HVDCenter02.  When you select the recovery point in "$RPoint = Get-DPMRecoveryPoint -Datasource $PObjects[0] | Sort -Property RepresentedPointInTime -Descending | Select-Object -First 1"  make sure it was for a Hyper-V VM and that HVDCenter02 is a protected server with a DPM agent.

Regards
    Mike Jacquet

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 3, 2020 8:26 PM