Invalid Attribute report with the Application Compatibility Toolkit RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've installed SQL 2012 Express with tools on my Windows 10 Enterprise PC and then the Application Compatibility Toolkit from the Windows 10 ADK. I've set my PC to be a log processing service, created a Inventory Collection MSI and this is dropping the cab file into the logs directory which is working fine.

When the service goes to import these automatically they fail to import. In the event log it says:

The 'TotalDuration' attribute is invalid - The value '141.7' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:int' - The string '141.7' is not a valid Int32 value.

Has anyone else seen this?

Monday, November 9, 2015 5:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is an error message which is pointing to service naming/definition during development. I am afraid that there is nothing we can do in this forum, I found some similar thread in MSDN forum, but since we are not familiar with which service creation, I am not sure which forum is the most appropriate depending on the platform you use. Please check the MSDN forum, there you can get more effective suggestion by other experts who familiar with this approaching. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Error example

cscfg scheme doesn't allow a colon  :  inside settings name, e.g.:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<ServiceDefinition name="OrangeJuice.Server.Azure" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ServiceHosting/2008/10/ServiceDefinition" schemaVersion="2014-06.2.4">

<WebRole name="MyService" vmsize="Small">

<ConfigurationSettings>

<Setting name="test:a" />

</ConfigurationSettings>

</WebRole>

</ServiceDefinition>

Error message:

The XML specification is not valid: The 'name' attribute is invalid - The value 'test:a' is invalid according to its datatype

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Wooding Friday, December 4, 2015 9:43 PM
    Friday, November 13, 2015 5:25 AM
  • Hi there,

Just to follow up on this we have now used the latest version of the Application Compatibility Toolkit and as part of the install you can set a label. Setting this to TotalDuration allows everything to work.

• Marked as answer by D Cruickshank Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:47 AM
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is an error message which is pointing to service naming/definition during development. I am afraid that there is nothing we can do in this forum, I found some similar thread in MSDN forum, but since we are not familiar with which service creation, I am not sure which forum is the most appropriate depending on the platform you use. Please check the MSDN forum, there you can get more effective suggestion by other experts who familiar with this approaching. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

Error example

cscfg scheme doesn't allow a colon  :  inside settings name, e.g.:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<ServiceDefinition name="OrangeJuice.Server.Azure" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ServiceHosting/2008/10/ServiceDefinition" schemaVersion="2014-06.2.4">

<WebRole name="MyService" vmsize="Small">

<ConfigurationSettings>

<Setting name="test:a" />

</ConfigurationSettings>

</WebRole>

</ServiceDefinition>

Error message:

The XML specification is not valid: The 'name' attribute is invalid - The value 'test:a' is invalid according to its datatype

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Deason Wu Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Wooding Friday, December 4, 2015 9:43 PM
    Friday, November 13, 2015 5:25 AM
  • Hi there,

Just to follow up on this we have now used the latest version of the Application Compatibility Toolkit and as part of the install you can set a label. Setting this to TotalDuration allows everything to work.

• Marked as answer by D Cruickshank Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:47 AM
    Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:47 AM