Trying to create a simple retention policy tag and policy, not working Exchange 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Exchange 2010 SP2 5v2
    We only have 1 retention policy tag and policy in our env.  That works fine.  Basically says delete trash after 5 days.

I need to create a tag and policy for one mailbox that has an automated process behind it.

Basically I need it to delete all the emails from the "sent items" in one mailbox.

Created a new tag "tag type - sent items"
    Age limit "2 days"
    Action "Permanitely delete"

Created a new Retention Policy, Bound the Tag, and added the one mailbox.

The mailbox still has everything in the "sent items"

I also tried changing the tag to "delete and allow recovery" and still nothing.
    I then ran Start-Managedfolderassistant -identity "user mailbox" -verbose 
    that commandlet returned no errors that i see.

EDIT:
    If I log into the mailbox with my outlook 2010 client, using cached mode, it shows at the bottom of the emails in the "sent items" - "retention policy:  Sent Items 2 days expires 6/4/2014.  I'll see what happens but I had this set to 1 day and they all were still there as well.  I'll keep an eye on it

• Edited by jackal2001 Wednesday, June 4, 2014 12:22 PM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2014 12:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check if there is Event ID 9017 and 9018 in the application log, make sure the MRM works well.

Please make sure the Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Assistants service is working well.

And you can increase the diagnostic logging level for the MRM, then you can monitor the events in the application log.

Best regards,

Belinda Ma
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:52 AM