Missing Views in Proclarity 6.1 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with the views that are saved by the users in Proclarity 6.1. Some users have several views saved on the server for same time, lately same of them started to say that cannot access those views, that the views simply don't appear listed. I checked the table BookElements of PAS database and all the views are there. Does anyone have any idea of what might be the problem.

Thanks.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:48 PM

All replies

• Are these "My Views" or views in a briefing book the users have created and published?  If they are "My Views", check the Users table as well and be sure there are multiple entries for a single user based on a changed SID. "My Views" are tied to a SID, so if a user gets a new one for whatever reason, their "My Views" collection will be empty.  If it's views in a book, can anyone see those views?

You might also try this:  http://blogs.technet.com/proclarity/archive/2008/05/20/proclarity-web-standard-behavior-my-views-don-t-show-up-after-being-saved.aspx

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, January 31, 2009 12:55 AM
  • I have both cases, same users have only one entry and users with multiple entries. 
    The views are not in a book, they are only available for the user that created them.
    Thursday, February 5, 2009 11:35 AM
  • If there are records in the Users table that are the same user, but with different SIDs, that could certainly be causing the problem.  The table is keyed off of user SIDs, so if a user's SID changes for some reason in the domain, a new row will be added for them in the table.  However, My Views are linked to the user's record in the Users table, so if they saved a bunch of My Views when they were identified as one SID, those views will not be available when/if their SID changes, as PAS would consider then a "new" user, and that new user wouldn't have any My Views associated with them.  If this is indeed the case, you may copy the FavoritesID field value from the old SID row to the new SID row and then all those old views will be available for the new SID user
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, February 20, 2009 12:16 AM