DFS cluster migration to VNXe CIFS server RRS feed

• Question

• hi team,

we have a DFS cluster and users are pointed to domain based UNC

Domian.Local\Root\department\UserFolder

note: each users directly mapped to his own folder manually not GPO not script around 1000 Users :(

now we have new CIFS server names HQCIFS.Domain.Local\Root\department\Userfolder

any idea to after doing the migration to keep the folder's mapping as is without re-mapping it again, meanwhile to connect with the same name?

i'm thing to rename the CIFS server to be same DFS server cluster name after disabling the cluster but if i did this 

users will access \\HQCIFS.domain.local\Root\... whoever we need it to be \\domain.local\Root 

any idea's?

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 3:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I cannot confirm if the CIFS server supported to be added as a DFS target. If not, you may not able to get it recognized as a domain based DFS namespace.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Hd.Hard Sunday, October 4, 2015 4:54 AM
    Thursday, October 1, 2015 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I cannot confirm if the CIFS server supported to be added as a DFS target. If not, you may not able to get it recognized as a domain based DFS namespace.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Hd.Hard Sunday, October 4, 2015 4:54 AM
    Thursday, October 1, 2015 6:38 AM
  • thanks for update..

make sense.. i was thinking maybe there any alternative solutions or workarounds

Thursday, October 1, 2015 7:45 AM