Outlook can't access the ost RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm using outlook 2016, every time when I closed my outlook then open it again, the outlook may unable to access one of the email OST file. I have 3 exchange accounts login in my outlook but always happening on one of the particular email account. I tried many times to create the new profile but after few times when I reopen the outlook again then still can't access the OST file (then can't send email). Please help.

I tried to delete the OST then rebuild but after few 2 times then I still can't access the OST.

I also tried to use SCANPST but will be the same after few times. Sigh....

Very frustrating and time consuming every time when I close and re-open the outlook. 

Best regards,

Ricky

Thursday, August 25, 2016 9:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Ricky,

For your question, I notice that this issue occur and cannot access one of three profile after reopen Outlook.

To narrow down your issue, I want to confirm:
    1. Do you configure 3 Exchange mailbox by each individual credential, within one Outlook profile?
    2. Is there any relationship between those account, delegate or full access permission?
    3. Is there any error message return when this issue occur?
    4. Do you save credential for each mail account under Control Panel\User Accounts\Credential Manager?

If it has full access or delegate permission, please remove account from that profile, then re-add it in Account setting. More details about it, for your reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/981245

If not, please try below steps to troubleshooting:
    First, try to run Outlook with safe mode or disable suspicious add-ins for testing.
    Second, press Ctrl and right click Outlook icon, open Outlook Connection Status to check the status for each mailbox.
    Also, you can try it with Outlook 2013 for testing.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 26, 2016 12:29 PM

All replies

• Hi

What version of exchange are you connecting to?

Does this happen on another machine or just your one? Any AV that is locking down your drive?

Edward van Biljon - Exchange MVP

Thursday, August 25, 2016 9:54 AM
  • Hi Ricky,

For your question, I notice that this issue occur and cannot access one of three profile after reopen Outlook.

To narrow down your issue, I want to confirm:
    1. Do you configure 3 Exchange mailbox by each individual credential, within one Outlook profile?
    2. Is there any relationship between those account, delegate or full access permission?
    3. Is there any error message return when this issue occur?
    4. Do you save credential for each mail account under Control Panel\User Accounts\Credential Manager?

If it has full access or delegate permission, please remove account from that profile, then re-add it in Account setting. More details about it, for your reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/981245

If not, please try below steps to troubleshooting:
    First, try to run Outlook with safe mode or disable suspicious add-ins for testing.
    Second, press Ctrl and right click Outlook icon, open Outlook Connection Status to check the status for each mailbox.
    Also, you can try it with Outlook 2013 for testing.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 26, 2016 12:29 PM