XP REG ERROR RRS feed

• Question

• Windows XP pro
    I shutdown my computer by the power button and now stop  51 reg error
    I have tried to reload from cd as soon as i go to the repair console same blue screen
    I have tried to reload cd as soon as it searches for existing windows installation same blue screen
    I put the HD in another machine and was able to back up drive and copy all data and user data from drive.
    The installation cd is not bad and loads another hd fine
    I have ran all recovery boot cd options and virus software on the drive and the drive is fine other then when it is the boot drive blue screen. it goes to windows startup but no selection works.
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 2:18 PM

All replies

• Sounds like a corrupt disk. Have you tried running chkdsk on it and making sure that its good?
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:02 PM
  • Right ,

Might the disk is corrupted and chkds might help.

Furthermore, if you have two RAM slots try swaping it or boot from any one RAM.

Shantanu 

Monday, January 16, 2012 2:21 AM
  • Yea, I put it in another machine and it reads fine. I ran full chkdsk with fix bad sectors and no index were off or did it have any bad sectors. I at least got to back up all the files off of it to an external drive. ran malware and virus scans on it everything was fine. it will not go to the repair console from boot cd and will not get to the reload windows, as soon as either one logs in or looks for existing windows Blue screen. its just a real bad registry problem. I turned the machine off while it was shutting down, and I of all people should know better. Just used the same install cd and a new hdd and copy all data back. I even called microsoft for paid support. the person told me just go get a new hard drive and reload. Cop out if you ask me.
    Monday, January 16, 2012 3:37 AM
  • LOL did it done been there

Yea, I put it in another machine and it reads fine. I ran full chkdsk with fix bad sectors and no index were off or did it have any bad sectors. I at least got to back up all the files off of it to an external drive. ran malware and virus scans on it everything was fine. it will not go to the repair console from boot cd and will not get to the reload windows, as soon as either one logs in or looks for existing windows Blue screen. its just a real bad registry problem. I turned the machine off while it was shutting down, and I of all people should know better. Just used the same install cd and a new hdd and copy all data back. I even called microsoft for paid support. the person told me just go get a new hard drive and reload. Cop out if you ask me.
    <input id="c6c6faf7-ffa7-4f02-955d-84d7a132b501_attachments" type="hidden" />
    Monday, January 16, 2012 3:38 AM
  • http://www.programmersheaven.com/user/jacobluis/blog/3588-How-to-Solve-Stop-0x51-Registry-Error-in-Windows/
    Monday, January 16, 2012 4:59 AM