Skype for Business Crashing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

We have got a problem with Skype for Business where on systems with 4K resolution capabilities the client will crash or exit upon attempting to screen share with another user. this happens regardless of the recipient screen resolution capabilities. 

the application will not always crash in that sometimes you can present the screen however the recipient can never take control again it does not seem to matter the resolution capabilities of the recipient. 

The only way i have found to get around this is to reduce the resolution on these systems to 1080P while presenting and then switch back to 4K

Can i confirm if this is a bug in the Skype for Business or if there is a patch available to correct this?

the issue seems to be happening across all our machines with 4k screens.

Friday, September 15, 2017 1:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Barry Coleman,

I have seen the similar issue, they use 4500 * 3000 display resolution, it is caused by VBSS feature introduced in SFB client 2016

You can try to disable VBSS via registry, before you modify the registry, please try to backup your registry

For the 64-bit Skype for Business application running on a 64-bit Windows operating system:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync]

"EnableP2PScreenSharingOverVideo"=dword:00000000

For the 32-bit application installed on a 64-bit OS

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync]

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Barry Coleman Sunday, September 17, 2017 11:53 PM
    Friday, September 15, 2017 9:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Barry Coleman,

I have seen the similar issue, they use 4500 * 3000 display resolution, it is caused by VBSS feature introduced in SFB client 2016

You can try to disable VBSS via registry, before you modify the registry, please try to backup your registry

For the 64-bit Skype for Business application running on a 64-bit Windows operating system:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync]

For the 32-bit application installed on a 64-bit OS

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync]

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Barry Coleman Sunday, September 17, 2017 11:53 PM
    Friday, September 15, 2017 9:01 AM
  • thank you that has fixed the issue now, i will get that one deployed
    Sunday, September 17, 2017 11:54 PM
  • Hi Barry,

You are welcome, I am glad that I can help you.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Monday, September 18, 2017 1:53 AM