andriod users can't sign-in to sfb RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Every-one 

We just implemented skype for business on our network. the problem we have is andriod users can't sign-in showing the notification "we can't connect to the server. check you network connection and server address and try agian"

on the andriodphone application logs we have a error :

04-08 16:26:09.541 11191 ERROR APPLICATION /Volumes/ServerHD2/agent/_work/11/s/src/dev/lyncMobile/ucmp/applicationlayer/objectmodel/private/CPushNotificationSynchronizer.cpp:400 The push subscription URL is empty or UCWA session context(0) is invalid.

4-08 16:26:09.542 11191 DEBUG [PNS] PushNotificationListenerService: Subscription for push notifications for template version sfb.android_1.0.4 with UCMP initiated with returnCode : E_InvalidState

the topolofy consists of 

skype standard version 

skype edge

reversproxy 

AD & CA & AD Fed

all running windows 2019 server with leatest updates 

I personaly don't think this is a DNS or Conectivity issue because IOS and windows users are working perfectly
    any help would be appriciated 

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 5:03 PM

Answers

• Ok guys I am sharing my results

the problem I had was using Web application proxy on the windows server for mobility. as I found out Web Application Proxy is only suitable for giving external access to some urls like meet.domain.local, dialin.domain.local and etc.. and not for mobility (using andriod and IOS phones)

after replacing Web Application proxy with the IIS Aplication request routing all problems vanished suddenly. there is a link on the web for deploying it for lync 2013 which I used for my topology and got perfect answer.

• Marked as answer by m.kaviyany Saturday, April 11, 2020 9:49 PM
    Saturday, April 11, 2020 9:49 PM

All replies

• Hi m.kaviyany,

How many users have this issue?

Does this issue persist all the time? Or what do you do before this issue happened?

What is the version of Android device? It recommends you update to the latest version.

There are some steps troubleshooting mobility connectivity for reference:

1. Autodiscover setup check
    2. Check Web Services Internal URL
    3. MCX configuration check (the commands also support for Skype for Business server)
    4. DNS record check
    5. Certificate check
    6. Domain file check
    7. Web Services authentication check

For more details, you can refer to this blog: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/skype-for-business-blog/troubleshooting-external-lync-mobility-connectivity-issues-step/ba-p/620305. The blog is for Lync server 2010. But it also can apply to Skype for Business server.

Moreover, if you connected to mobile career data, then change to Wi-Fi, or vice-versa, to check if the issue is related to network.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 9, 2020 5:17 AM
  • Dear Sharon,

thanks for the reply

As I metioned this is a new setup. also I used 3 samsung phones for the test samsung j7 A10 and note 9

all have the leatest updates. in the case of samsung j7 I could login 2 times after many treis with full connectivity. but after logout I coulnd'nt get back in.

thanks for the link.

as I have no problem with IOS phones I suspect that this is not a DNS or Network or certificate Problem. also I am using windows server 2019 remote access for webpublishing. I used a youtube video for configuring reverse proxy by david papkin. I suspect that the reverse proxy is not doing the right job of handeling https headers

I give this link a try and share the results with you

• Edited by m.kaviyany Thursday, April 9, 2020 7:29 PM
    Thursday, April 9, 2020 7:28 PM
  • Ok I got some new results

when android clients connect for the first time through VPN server, they get connected and stay connected after the VPN disconnects. I still think the problem resides within the microsoft reverse proxy. also tried disablingTranslaterurlrequestheaders but still no lock

how can I troubleshoot this program. is there a way to compare inbound and outbound packets and see what the reverse proxy is doing to the packets?

Saturday, April 11, 2020 2:03 PM
  • Ok guys I am sharing my results

the problem I had was using Web application proxy on the windows server for mobility. as I found out Web Application Proxy is only suitable for giving external access to some urls like meet.domain.local, dialin.domain.local and etc.. and not for mobility (using andriod and IOS phones)

after replacing Web Application proxy with the IIS Aplication request routing all problems vanished suddenly. there is a link on the web for deploying it for lync 2013 which I used for my topology and got perfect answer.

• Marked as answer by m.kaviyany Saturday, April 11, 2020 9:49 PM
    Saturday, April 11, 2020 9:49 PM
  • I’m glad to hear that you have resolved the problem. Thanks for your sharing.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post. This will make answer searching in the forum easier.

<Issue Symptom>:

Android users can't sign-in to Skype for Business.

Topology: skype standard version, skype edge, reverse proxy, AD & CA & AD Fed

All running windows 2019 server with latest updates

<Cause>:

Using Web application proxy on the windows server for mobility. Web Application Proxy is only suitable for giving external access to some urls like meet.domain.local, dialin.domain.local and etc.. and not for mobility (using andriod and IOS phones)

<Solution>:

Replacing Web Application proxy with the IIS Application request routing.

<Reference Links>:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/skype-for-business-blog/troubleshooting-external-lync-mobility-connectivity-issues-step/ba-p/620305

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 27, 2020 9:52 AM