none
Windows 7 audio endpoint builder service not running

Question

• I have an icon in my taskbar that looks like a sound icon but with a red circle and white X
    I checked out my services
    audio services for windows that aren't running
    Windows Audio - needed for windows audio endpoint builder
    Windows Audio Endpoint Builder
    Multimedia Class Scheduler - needed for windows audio

I try to manual start them and they wont boot due to some services arent running that it depends on
    and Multimedia Class Scheduler gives error 193: 0xc1

I need fix audio endpoint builder service...

Help !!!

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 2:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Aknaej,

Our forum is focus on Lync server 2010, since your issue is related to windows 7, I will move it to windows forum, there are more experts will help you with the issue.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 2:11 AM
  • Hi Aknaej,

As far as I know, the problem with the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder may be that you have disabled the Windows power management on Windows 7.  For some reason, the audio services cannot start if power management is disabled. Try to enable Power Service.

If the issue still insists, you could uninstall and re-install the audio drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Then check the registry in below.

1. Press Windows Key + R then type regedit and hit enter.

2. Now inside Registry editor navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AudioEndPointBuilder\Parameters

3. Locate ServicDll and if the value is %SystemRoot%\System32\Audiosrv.dll, this may cause the problem.

4. Replace the above value with this: %SystemRoot%\System32\AudioEndPointBuilder.dll

Restart to check.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 2:50 AM