none
Deploy applications to existing workstations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

is it possible to use MDT to deploy applications to workstations that already exist? For instance, when I boot into Litetouch, I'd like to be able to select to install my applications without deploying an image. Is this possible?

thanks,

Pootie

Thursday, July 17, 2014 4:34 PM

Answers

• Additionally, you can create a custom task sequence and simply add an "Install Applications" step. Connect to the deployment share on your workstation and then run share\scripts\litetouch.vbs and select your "install applications" task sequence.

-Nick O.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:55 PM

All replies

• Just create a new task sequence and on the select template step use the "Post OS Installation Task Sequence"
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:38 PM
  • Additionally, you can create a custom task sequence and simply add an "Install Applications" step. Connect to the deployment share on your workstation and then run share\scripts\litetouch.vbs and select your "install applications" task sequence.

-Nick O.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:55 PM
  • Thanks Nick,

I actually tried that and the task did not appear. After trying some other ways to accomplish this, I tried again and the task was available. Go figure. 

thanks!

Pootie

Monday, July 21, 2014 12:56 PM