none
Right click "my Computer" RAM and processor not recognised RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

When I right click on "My Computer", the ram and processor say "Not Available", the pen and touch says "no pen and touch input is available for this display" and finally under windows activation  it says "status not available", and the product id is not available either.

If i go to to "Manage" the computer, all the devices are shown there as they should be.

Does anyone know if this matters and if i can fix it? Its a bit annoying!

Thanks
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 9:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please call our Activation Center to activate the system first. If the issue still persists, I suggest you do a Inplace-Upgrade to repair the system for a test.

1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.

2. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:

If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.

If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

a. Click the Start Button, type Drive:\setup.exe in the start search box and then click OK.

Note: Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.

b. Click Install now.

4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows 7.

Thanks,

Novak

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:24 AM

All replies

• Any ideas...
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:15 PM
  • Hi,

Which version of Windows 7 is installed on the computer, Windows 7 Home, Professional or Ultimate?

Regarding the "Pen and Touch" option, if the system has Pen and Touch device, it will be detected. Otherwise, the display information is normal.

Regarding other "Not Available" item, it can occur by several factors. I suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Upgrade the Motherboard driver and Video card driver.

2. Perform a Clean Boot and access "My Computer" Properties again.

3. Create a new admin account and login in the new acccount for a test.

If the issue still occurs, please upload the picture to Skydrive (www.skydrive.live.com) and share the link to me.

Thanks,
    Novak
    Friday, October 30, 2009 6:57 AM
  • Hi,

Which version of Windows 7 is installed on the computer, Windows 7 Home, Professional or Ultimate?

Regarding the "Pen and Touch" option, if the system has Pen and Touch device, it will be detected. Otherwise, the display information is normal.

Regarding other "Not Available" item, it can occur by several factors. I suggest you perform the following steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Upgrade the Motherboard driver and Video card driver.

2. Perform a Clean Boot and access "My Computer" Properties again.

3. Create a new admin account and login in the new acccount for a test.

If the issue still occurs, please upload the picture to Skydrive (www.skydrive.live.com) and share the link to me.

Thanks,
    Novak

Thanks for getting back to me. I have windows 7 home premium.
    I have logged in as guest and it says the same information and have rebooted MANY times. I guess the only thing to do is update the mobo drivers but how?!
    How would updating the video card drivers affect this? I have already upgraded to the latest drivers last week.
    Thanks again

Friday, October 30, 2009 9:18 PM
  • Thanks for getting back to me. I have windows 7 home premium.
    I have logged in as guest and it says the same information and have rebooted MANY times. I guess the only thing to do is update the mobo drivers but how?!
    How would updating the video card drivers affect this? I have already upgraded to the latest drivers last week.
    Thanks again

I'd expect the motherboard drivers to be a lot more relevant than the graphics drivers.

If you have an appliance PC (HP, Dell, Sony etc.), what's the exact make and model?

If it's a whitebox PC (built by a local shop) you'll have to find out which motherboard is installed. Utilities like Belarc Advisor may help.

If you post the above information, someone may be able to direct you to a site to download the motherboard drivers. (Better yet, hunt down the download yourself. It's not overly difficult, usually.)

Good luck.
    Friday, October 30, 2009 9:51 PM
  • Thanks for getting back to me. I have windows 7 home premium.
    Thanks again

I'd expect the motherboard drivers to be a lot more relevant than the graphics drivers.

If you have an appliance PC (HP, Dell, Sony etc.), what's the exact make and model?

If it's a whitebox PC (built by a local shop) you'll have to find out which motherboard is installed. Utilities like Belarc Advisor may help.

If you post the above information, someone may be able to direct you to a site to download the motherboard drivers. (Better yet, hunt down the download yourself. It's not overly difficult, usually.)

Good luck.
    Thanks.

My laptop is a dell studio 1737. Does that help?
    Friday, October 30, 2009 9:56 PM
  • Interestingly....if i open windows explorer, my processor and RAM are shown there.

But still nothing if i right click my computer and go to properties...
    Friday, October 30, 2009 10:20 PM
  • Thanks.

My laptop is a dell studio 1737. Does that help?

Naturally, the Dell support site (support.dell.com) seems to be having troubles at the moment.

It appears that your laptop has an Intel PM55 chipset. That may be too new to have built-in support in Windows 7. You could try the Intel chipset driver package:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+Chipset+Software+Installation+Utility

If it's not needed, it should do no harm.
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 12:05 AM
  • Thanks for that link. I have installed it but nothing happened (i.e. its still the same situation)

Any other ideas? Really odd situation!

If it helps (as earlier suggested) i have put a printscreen here:

Thank you
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 9:17 AM
  • Perfect.

I am VERY annoyed right now.

At the bottom right of my windows desktop it says "Windows 7, Build 7600, This copy of windows is not genuine"

I BOUGHT THIS FROM BLOODY AMAZON!!!! ITS LEGIT.

What now???!
    Saturday, October 31, 2009 11:23 PM
  • Hi,

Please call our Activation Center to activate the system first. If the issue still persists, I suggest you do a Inplace-Upgrade to repair the system for a test.

1. Start the computer by using the current Operating System.

2. Insert the Windows 7 DVD in the computer's DVD drive.

3. Use one of the following procedures, as appropriate:

If Windows automatically detects the DVD, the Install now screen appears. Click Install now.

If Windows does not automatically detect the DVD, follow these steps:

a. Click the Start Button, type Drive:\setup.exe in the start search box and then click OK.

Note: Drive is the drive letter of the computer's DVD drive.

b. Click Install now.

4. When you reach the "Which type of installation do you want?" screen, click Upgrade to upgrade the current operating system to Windows 7.

Thanks,

Novak

Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:24 AM