none
HealthVault Connect Center - Onetouch Ultra 2 BG Meter - COM Port Invalid Message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

First of all thanks for supporting this effort to allow us to directly upload our meter readings.  I found the posting with instructions to install the Sinovo meter connection setup and followed it to the "T". 

The page showed the device on the list as:

"Prolific USB to Serial Port (COM3)" before I pressed the "Next >" button.

I get the instruction page to "Turn Off My Device" and  check that it's off.

I press the "Import Data" button,  I get the error:

"Serial com port #3 is invalid"

The error screen I get is:

I have rebooted my computer, restarted the HealtVault Connection Center, unplugged and plugged the meter cable back in etc.

What am I doing wrong?  I am on Windows 8.1 with the latest Microsoft HealthVault Connect center software.  (Yes, I manually selected the Sinovo device for my Ultra 2 OneTouch meter.  And it installed accordingly.  Great process!)

I attempted to contact LifeScan and they indicate that they have never heard of this feature and can not support it.  So I am thinking that I need to get in touch with a techie at Sinovo for help.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-d

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:00 PM

Answers

• UPDATE:

Please forgive me for this posting.  Apparently I didn't follow ALL the instructions.  I just happened to click on the "USB" icon on the page and it allow me to pull up an driver installation instructions provided by Sinovo.  Even, though this was a bit techie for most folks, I was able to accomplish it.  I'm posting the directions here from Sinovo that were most helpful.

EN:

Unfortunately some older Prolific chipsets are not supported by Windows 8.x anymore. The discontinued chip versions
    are PL-2303H, PL-2303HX (RevA) or HXA and PL-2303X or XA. Please refer to Prolific for more detailed information:
    http://prolificusa.com/files/PL2303%20Windows%20Driver%20User%20Manual%20v1.7.0.pdf

With the following steps you are able to still use cables with that chipset with Windows 8.x:

* Connect the cable to your Win8.x machine and wait for Windows installation of the standard drivers.

* Open the device manager and make sure that your cable is shown in the COM-Port section
      though as not working port with the yellow icon.

* Use the sys-files of this package to make the driver work by copying the appropriate file (32Bit OR 64Bit!)
      to the folder: \Windows\System32\Drivers\  You'll need to overwrite the existing file.

* Re-plug the cable and check that the yellow warning icon is gone.

* In case that you encounter problems that Windows Update is always trying to update the driver with the not
      working Win8-sys-file you can configure the permissions of the sys-file above and remove write access to the
      System process user.

SINOVO Ltd. & Co. KG, Sep. 2013
    www.sinovo.net

• Marked as answer by Tomas El Saturday, April 18, 2015 4:45 AM
    Wednesday, April 15, 2015 8:44 PM