none
Project Online Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Can someone please confirm that there has been changes made to Project Manager out of the box permission. It used to be PMs can only see their own projects in this security groups and category. 

I heard someone having an argument about this stating that permissions must have changed  recently and that PMs can see everything, but can only edit their own.

Highly appreciate (as always) if someone can confirm this :-) 

Thank you,

SJ

Friday, May 26, 2017 10:26 PM

Answers

• SJ_PPM -

I looked at a freshly initiated blank instance of Project Online last week to check the default permissions in the Project Managers group.  Yes, there is a change in the default permissions for this security group.  Members can now see all projects, but can only open their own projects Read/Write, and are restricted to opening everyone else's projects Read-Only.  Hope this settles the argument!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Proposed as answer by Brendan F. Sherlock Wednesday, June 7, 2017 4:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by SJ_PPM Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:20 PM
    Friday, May 26, 2017 10:55 PM

All replies

• SJ_PPM -

I looked at a freshly initiated blank instance of Project Online last week to check the default permissions in the Project Managers group.  Yes, there is a change in the default permissions for this security group.  Members can now see all projects, but can only open their own projects Read/Write, and are restricted to opening everyone else's projects Read-Only.  Hope this settles the argument!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Proposed as answer by Brendan F. Sherlock Wednesday, June 7, 2017 4:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by SJ_PPM Wednesday, October 18, 2017 12:20 PM
    Friday, May 26, 2017 10:55 PM
  • You are a star Dale! 

Thank you for confirming. Wish these sort of changes can be communicated by Microsoft in the future so we can update training materials etc. 

Anyway...it is what it is...

Thanks again!

SJ

Friday, May 26, 2017 11:25 PM
  • SJ -

If my reply answered your question, would you kindly mark it as the answer?  Thanks!

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Sunday, May 28, 2017 1:54 AM