Configuring Auto Reply on Exchange 2003 or Hub Transport RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a client who re-branded email domain name.  Is there a way to do this on Exchange 2003?  I am not aware of this only for Exchange 2010 HUB server.  So this is what they want:

If Joe@oldcompany.com gets an email the sender should get an auto response saying Joe's new email is Joe@newcompany.com.

The client is moving to Exchange 2010 I prefer to set up transport rule..I saw a rule but i do not see anything about auto resplies.  Is this possible?

Thanks All

Thursday, January 5, 2012 6:01 PM

Answers

• Don't they believe it is better to have both addresses available for some time period, but so that user's primary address will be "joe@newcompany.com"? Joe have secondary address (and it is not used more than receiving emails) "joe@oldcompany.com".

E2003 had no autoreply features available.

Petri
    • Proposed as answer by Terence Yu Friday, January 6, 2012 5:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Terence Yu Friday, January 13, 2012 8:56 AM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 12:52 AM
  • Thanks Petri.  There is 3rd party product called exclaimer that manages email signatures, auto responder, and more. 

http://www.exclaimer.com/

Thanks for your attempt.

Friday, January 6, 2012 1:23 AM

All replies

• Don't they believe it is better to have both addresses available for some time period, but so that user's primary address will be "joe@newcompany.com"? Joe have secondary address (and it is not used more than receiving emails) "joe@oldcompany.com".

E2003 had no autoreply features available.

Petri
    Friday, January 6, 2012 12:52 AM
  • Thanks Petri.  There is 3rd party product called exclaimer that manages email signatures, auto responder, and more. 

http://www.exclaimer.com/

Thanks for your attempt.

Friday, January 6, 2012 1:23 AM
  • Ok, I though your purpose was use pure Exchange :)

3rd parties can do that, and also you can write own even sinks (2003) and transport rules (2007+). But good that you found the way to do it.

Petri
    Friday, January 6, 2012 1:27 AM
  • Right it was but i asked around exchange 2003 has no way to do globally.  As for transport i couldnt find anything for autoresponder.

The client is in a rush need to have this in by monday so they are willing to spend on a 3rd party solution.

Rasheedah

Friday, January 6, 2012 2:07 AM