none
Error Message: You muyst have IE 5.5 or higher to use the Contact Center Manager Admin. RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to download an application for work,  Tried on the IE 8, 10 & 11 with no add ons and in the compatibility mode and it will not work.  I continue to get the error message:  You must have IE 5.5 or higher to use the Contact Center Manager Admin.  I do have the credentials and the admin over me to try and neither one of us can do this.  I have a windows 7 computer and I didn't have this problem with my other one, but since Feb or March we have had major issues with IE.

We need help as others are having this same issue.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:46 PM

Answers

• Tried on the IE 8, 10 & 11 with no add ons and in the compatibility mode and it will not work.

Compatibility mode implies IE7 in Quirks mode which would be "higher" than IE5.  It's probably the Mozilla/5.0 string which comes in the Default User-Agent for IE9 and higher which is the problem.  So both Compatibility mode and IE8 should avoid that.  However, I have noticed that sometimes the Developer Tools, Emulation tab still shows Default for User-Agent string, so if the string actually being sent is still the IE11 Default that would explain your symptom.

You say you tried IE8?  How did you set that up and what did your requests look like then?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:09 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Trying to download an application for work,  Tried on the IE 8, 10 & 11 with no add ons and in the compatibility mode and it will not work. 

Hi,

Did you mean that this problem occurs when downloading an application from a website? Would you please provide a screenshot for your problem?

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 26, 2014 7:04 AM
  • Tried on the IE 8, 10 & 11 with no add ons and in the compatibility mode and it will not work.

Compatibility mode implies IE7 in Quirks mode which would be "higher" than IE5.  It's probably the Mozilla/5.0 string which comes in the Default User-Agent for IE9 and higher which is the problem.  So both Compatibility mode and IE8 should avoid that.  However, I have noticed that sometimes the Developer Tools, Emulation tab still shows Default for User-Agent string, so if the string actually being sent is still the IE11 Default that would explain your symptom.

You say you tried IE8?  How did you set that up and what did your requests look like then?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:09 PM
    Answerer